Discussion topic: I keep getting lied to and scammed over and over again. What is the best course of action to take?

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I keep getting lied to and scammed over and over again. What is the best course of action to take?

Hi.

A month ago (60 days before contract was up) I contacted Sky to see what deals they could do to lower my monthly cost. Current £120 - Sky Signature, Sky Sports & Sky Sports + in HD, Sky Cinema in HD, TNT Sports in HD , Sky HD and Sky Multiscreen. They came back with an offer of £116. I know not to accept first offers so I told them i'm off to find what other deals I can get.

Yesterday (30 days before contract was up) I contacted Sky again to see if I could haggle them down further. I said I only want basic Sky and Multiscreen - no sports, movies or any other stuff. The advisor came back and said I can give your current package at £72.50. I kept looking at this number to see if there was a misprint. I kept looking at what the advisor put down on screen. I noticed it didn't say TNT Sports. I asked was TNT Sports included and she said "Yes". Straight away I jumped on it and agreed. She then asked for £20 in admin fees. Again, I accepted think wow a fantastic deal jumping for joy.

Fast forward this morning, that £72.50 had now become £85. When I checked everything over the advisor had took off Sky HD+UHD without saying so and the price did not include TNT Sports afterall even though she said it did.

I have just contacted Sky again to make a complaint. Fobbed off to a link for which I came from originally. They took on my complaint. I told the advisor the above and looked into the situation. Apparently, and I quote, "An error on their part" so that £85 should actually have been £72.50. When I queried them about TNT Sports and HD+UHD they spoke to their supervisor. Came back with £106.50 but would be £151 for September. Seeing as this was £15 cheaper than my original monthly cost, didn't want any more hassle, I just agreed to it. 

I asked about refunding me or crediting me with that £20 they charged me for (TNT Sports removal) and the advisor flat out said "No. I hope you understand our limitations here". Got an email of my new cost and what not... went online and GUESS WHAT? £106.50 is now £117 a month. 

What in gods name is going on here?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: I keep getting lied to and scammed over and over again. What is the best course of action to tak

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous 

Is that £117 for just the first new bill and does it cover more than a month? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Topic Author

Re: I keep getting lied to and scammed over and over again. What is the best course of action to tak

£131 first month.

£117 following months.

Topic Author

@Daniel0210 

£131 first month.

£117 following months.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous 

You'll need to call Sky and ask for an explanation for the increased charges. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion