Discussion topic: I am tryng to pay my bill but all user specific pages say 'This page is restricted'

This message was authored by varnvew This message was authored by: varnvew

I am tryng to pay my bill but all user specific pages say 'This page is restricted'

I am tryng to pay my bill but all user specific pages say 'This page is restricted'. This problem has existed for many months before the bill was due.Sky account.JPG

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: I am tryng to pay my bill but all user specific pages say 'This page is restricted'

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@varnvew 

You should have a direct debit or continuous card payment set up which means there is no need to make a manual payment unless Sky request you to. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
varnvew
Topic Author

Re: I am tryng to pay my bill but all user specific pages say 'This page is restricted'

This is for a missed direct debit payment.

Furthermore - I'll try and add to the original post - I want to close my account as I have moved out, but this error message blocks me from any page I would be able to do that from.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@varnvew 

So are your Sky services restricted? Direct debit failures are attempted once more, 10 days after the initial failure and if it fails again then you're services become restricted. 

Sky customer since 2001
varnvew
Topic Author

This problem existed long before the bill payment was due, and the error is blocking my attempt to now pay the bill and resolve that issue.

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@varnvew 

So are your Sky services restricted? 

Sky customer since 2001
varnvew
Topic Author

I dont know, they might be, but I no longer reside at the property they were set up for. I can't cancel them because of this error.

@varnvew 

What service is this for. The image you've added suggests it's for Sky mobile? 

Sky customer since 2001
varnvew
Topic Author

This was for sky broadband.

@varnvew 

You need to establish if the Broadband is working or has been restricted due to missed payments. 

If your Sky BB services have been restricted (it’s normally only a missed payment that triggers this), Sky won’t reinstate them until you’ve paid what is owed in full and set up a new continuous payment method. If your payment is two or more weeks overdue you will have to pay the next bill as well. Any calls to Sky will only prompt you to make your payment.

Once your full payment has cleared and is in Sky’s account your services should be reinstated, but this may not be instant. Also, any payment you make over a weekend or on a Bank Holiday won’t be processed until the following week as banks are closed.

Once you’ve done all this you’ll be able to call Sky if you need to speak to an agent.

Sky customer since 2001
varnvew
Topic Author

You're not understanding. I can't make payment because this error blocks the page where I would do that. The problem I'm having is not with my services, but with the sky website.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@varnvew 

See if going through this for the restricted message helps:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-id-cant-access-all-my-services

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
varnvew
Topic Author

Yes that seems to have helped, I can see the page to make payment, and have done so now, thank you. Now I get differerent errors, which I'm hoping are temporary while the payment is processed.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion