Discussion topic: I am real;y fearful of attempting to contact Sky as I find it so upsetting

This message was authored by JayJayboy This message was authored by: JayJayboy

I am real;y fearful of attempting to contact Sky as I find it so upsetting

Customer services at Sky fills me with dread.  My hubby totally refuses to speak with them or use online chat.  Last year he was on the phone for over an hour and then was disconnected, by accident or design I cannot say.   His stance is you watch it so you deal with it.  

Last time I called  I really felt so distressed because I just could not understand the man on the phone, in the end I had to end the call.  

I can't use online chat as it seems to take even longer.

Contacting Sky should not be like this - really I know this seems like a rant, but I honestly need advice on how to proceed.

J

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: I am real;y fearful of attempting to contact Sky as I find it so upsetting

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JayJayboy 

You haven't actually said why you need to contact Sky. Is it something we can advise on? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
JayJayboy
Topic Author

Thank you Daniel it is about the Sky HD box letter received by many in April/May this year - which I have read the thread on here about.  I am unable to view anything on my message on my account page to answer some questions I have.  These are really account related.

So its either speak to them one way or the other.

I am thinking maybe email might be an options.

J
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@JayJayboy 

Sky don't use email as a general method of communication unfortunately. Ask any question here. I will cc in fellow Superuser @nigea99 who has compiled a handy guide should you be contemplating upgrading to Sky Q. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@JayJayboy wrote:

Thank you Daniel it is about the Sky HD box letter received by many in April/May this year

If you have a Sky+ HD box then despite what the letter has said it will continue to work as you can continue to access the channels as you do now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

hi @JayJayboy 

Here are the notes  that @Daniel0210  refers to that you may wish to read that I have made for people considering switching from SKY +/HD to SKY Q

SKY +/HD to SKY Q 

As @Daniel0210 says, if you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask & as @caesarome says the lack of software upgrades won't stop your box working as now

JayJayboy
Topic Author

Thank you for this will look through and come back if I have further questions.

J

J
JayJayboy
Topic Author

Well an update, having attempted to find the contract date online and with virtual assistant - I phoned Sky only to be told after checking that we were not in contract with them and had not been since 2023.

Very pleasant and friendly lady who then transfered me so I could have details of when I was informed contracted ended, 45 mins later after listening to random music I hung up, googled a number and spoke to a man who said he would find details and wouldn't keep me a moment some 10 mins later line went dead.

I should add my other half is well versed with call centre training systems(old job) and the 10mins cut off is a well established way of the operative showing they have had imput with caller if call monitoring is not in place. ( sorry about being negative )

.Can I ask if we are not in contract can we write and cancel and to what address.

Hubby seems to think write cancel complain and tell them in 28days from letter date we will cancel payment mandate.

Thank you all for your help, I admit I took my eye off the ball this last 6 months due to my health.

J

J
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Being 'in contract' is a term referring to discounts only.  (I do not like this term)

You are always bound by a contract.  So you still have obligations under that contract, not least properly giving notice to leave.  Cancelling payments does not serve as notice.

There are several ways to cancel but the easiest is for the account holder to talk to them (as they need verbal confirmation even if you write/message).

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

@JayJayboy 
To cancel all your TV subscription, if you’re out of contract as you think you are you’ll need to give Sky the required 31 days notice. 

Select ‘Need more help’ at the bottom of the following link which will lead to contact details.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave
(Make sure the flag in the bottom right corner is the correct one ie; UK or ROI).
UK customer ~ The link may include an email link and also a Message Us option (which is normally available between 9am and 7.30pm).
ROI customer ~ it’s only by calling Sky Ireland or writing in.

Sky customer since 2001
JayJayboy
Topic Author

Once again thank you, while we have had Sky since 1999 I feel we need to look at a new service and sadly are thinking of calling it a day - whether we will or not!!!

But the contact options given and notice required is very helpful

Thanks

J

J

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion