Discussion topic: How do I complete a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) from Sky?

This message was authored by CalumMcConn This message was authored by: CalumMcConn

How do I complete a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) from Sky?

Hi everyone,

I've recently had an application for a new Sky Mobile Phone and Contract accepted and then within a few minutes the application was cancelled with the following message:

As part of our normal application process, we carry out further checks using the details you provided in your application. We consider any current or previous relationships you may have had with Sky and we participate in data sharing with Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention agencies. As a result of our checks we are unable to proceed with your Sky Mobile order.

I've checked my Credit Reference information and the details within the Friad Prevention agencies and there are no issues therefore the issue seems to be with the 'current or previous relationships with Sky'. When I've made contact over the phone they are unable to tell me what the issue is.

I helped my father set up his Sky ID several years ago and his Sky ID is my nickname and up until a few minutes ago it was still one of my email addresses that was linked to his account.

I took out a Sky package towards the end of 2011 when I moved into my own property however that was cancelled once the contract expired and have since moved home.

I helped my in-laws order a Sky package when they moved home at the end of 2014.

I also have an account with Sky Bet.

I beleive that each one of these current/previous relationships with Sky may be the reason that I have not passed the 'further checks' as they may be multiple versions of me at several different addresses. My parents, my in-laws, my previous address and my current address.

How do I go about getting my data cleansed and if I do have multiple customer records with Sky how can I get these merged into a single customer profile to prevent any further orders being cancelled?

Thanks,

Calum

Best Answers
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

Re: How do I complete a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) from Sky?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can subject a SAR here: https://www.sky.com/help/forms/customer-information-request

I'm not sure it will necessarily reveal the source of the declination.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can subject a SAR here: https://www.sky.com/help/forms/customer-information-request

I'm not sure it will necessarily reveal the source of the declination.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
CalumMcConn
Topic Author
This message was authored by CalumMcConn This message was authored by: CalumMcConn

Thank you... I couldn't find this page myself. 

Form now submitted. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion