Discussion topic: Getting through the voice activated process in order to access a real person.

This message was authored by TheCad08 This message was authored by: TheCad08

Getting through the voice activated process in order to access a real person.

How do I pass the voice activation process when I call Sky in order to speak to a real person. I get stuck at the "provide a mobile phone number so that we can ring you back" because our mobile reception is dreadful. I tried giving my landline number but the voice tells me that it not the number on my account. (Why do they ask for a number, anyway, if it's already listed?)

I'mtrying to find out what has happened about my new contract made last week, when I did get through without being asked for a mobile number. I've never had confirmation of my new account and my next bill still shows an increase of nearly £20.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Getting through the voice activated process in order to access a real person.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TheCad08 wrote:

I'mtrying to find out what has happened about my new contract made last week

Is your question something perhaps we can answer on here so save you battling with the phone bot ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
TheCad08
Topic Author

Re: Getting through the voice activated process in order to access a real person.

My existing contract was due to end yesterday so I rang a week ago to make a new one before my subscription rate increased. After being passed through a couple of agents I was offered a substantially cheaper one than the previous one which I accepted. However, no confirmation ever arrived, my next bill will be nearly £20 dearer than the last one and the orders page says "No orders in progress". After 2 days I used the online complaints procedure to find out what has happened. I've had emails to say that the matter has been passed to "call listening", but, apart from receiving a case reference number and promises of information soon, I am still waiting for anything positive to happen.. So today I tried ringing to see if I could speak to someone, but I get stymied when asked to type in a mobile phone number as I know it is almost impossible to have a conversation on my mobile. I did eventually provide the number but there hasn't been a call in the last 5 hours either because they haven't called or they have but can't get through. I just want to be able to discuss the matter with a real person, possibly to try again for a new contract, but there seems no way for me to do so.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TheCad08 wrote:

my next bill will be nearly £20 dearer

When is your next bill due to be paid ?

What shows for the following months bill ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
TheCad08
Topic Author

Thank you @caesarome for your suggestions.

I have now managed to get the problem sorted. I used the online complaints system to get a response and after a series of emails I had a call from Sky yesterday, as a result of which the contract was renegotiated. My online account now shows the reduced payment I will be paying next week, so all seems fine now.

It was frustrating not being able to move on from the voice-activated bot!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion