Discussion topic: Disrespectful to existing customers

This message was authored by andrew+trimble This message was authored by: andrew+trimble

Disrespectful to existing customers

I've been with Sky for 23 years and on the whole have had good service. However as my present contract is about to expire I asked the representative for a better price and he came up with £4 more.  Having explained my situation, dropping BT, Cinema and Ultra he came up with a new price just over £80. Looking at the Sky website a comparison as a new customer brings the price down to £64. Surely I should be valued not penalised as a long standing customer 

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Disrespectful to existing customers

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You may have to give notice to leave to extract better offers.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@andrew+trimble  Like any other company Sky are under no obligation to povide any additional offers that are the same as the previous one you had.

Tenure is irrelevant, you may need to do as @PandJ2020  advises and cancel by giving 31 days notice befre any new offers are given.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

All companies do thi, just ask to be put through to retentions & say you're thinking of leaving. If they call your bluff & give you a disconnection date then just say you need to discuss it with a partner or family member before committing.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion