Discussion topic: DPD doorstep exchange not supported by SKY?

This message was authored by taylorcavell This message was authored by: taylorcavell

DPD doorstep exchange not supported by SKY?

I got a replacement sky q box due to HDD issues. 

I got multiple emails from DPD (all with a Sky logo on) arranging the delivery and telling me to have the old equipment ready for them to exchange. 

They delivered the new box, took the old one and put it in a box with a return label. They didn't give me a receipt.

Now it hasn't been returned and Sky want to charge me for it.

I called Sky and they said they don't arrange doorstep exchange and I should have taken it to a Post Office. They repeatedly said Sky do not arrange for DPD to exchange equipment. 

Has anyone else used the DPD doorstep exchange and would you say it was arranged by Sky?

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: DPD doorstep exchange not supported by SKY?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@taylorcavell wrote:

The CSA I spoke to categorically stated that Sky "never arrange for couriers to collect equipment" and said that the dpd messages I received are nothing to do with them, despite having the Sky logo on.

That's frankly nonsense: the notion that Q television boxes have enough value to make it worthwhile to aim what they appear to be alleging is  a highly sophisticated fraud at users is just laughable. 

If you search the Q forum for 'DPD' you'll find multiple references: for example -

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Exchanging-Sky-Q-boxes/td-p/3707547 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

The reason why Sky do not do doorstep exchanges is because you as the customer do not have any proof that can be used to track the box that has been returned so really you shouldn't have done this. Your only hope is that is does get back to Sky so have you tried speaking to DPD about this ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@taylorcavellThey certainly do or at least used to, in fact the courier would not leave a new box unless you gave them an old one. Many have posted that they would have liked time to post the old one back.

I have escalated this to Sky and hopefully they will come back to you, Private message or email, and be able to sort something out for you. Look for a blue blob bottom right of your screen.
PLEASE NOTE once you get the blob the chat is not real time and once you type in there could be quite a wait until there is a response, you don't have to hold the chat open just come back later to see any replies.
It seems that sometimes the "blob" does not show with Safari.
If you are using Safari with OSX, please make sure that Hide IP Address (under Privacy) is not checked in order to see the blue bubble.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@taylorcavell 

They do. I've not heard of this being stopped/suspended. We are regularly reminding customers on here to remove the viewing card from the old box before it is exchanged. I'm not sure why you're being told they don't. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
taylorcavell
Topic Author
This message was authored by taylorcavell This message was authored by: taylorcavell

The CSA I spoke to categorically stated that Sky "never arrange for couriers to collect equipment" and said that the dpd messages I received are nothing to do with them, despite having the Sky logo on.

Screenshot_20230516_094350_Yahoo Mail.jpg

taylorcavell
Topic Author

Thank you, I'll look out foe the blue blob!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@taylorcavell 

Your post has been escalated to Sky by @bob1234 and someone from the Escalation Team should contact you later so deal with them. 

Look out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each chat reply from Sky within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread regularly.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@taylorcavell wrote:

That's frankly nonsense: the notion that Q television boxes have enough value to make it worthwhile to aim what they appear to be alleging is  a highly sophisticated fraud at users is just laughable. 

If you search the Q forum for 'DPD' you'll find multiple references: for example -

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Exchanging-Sky-Q-boxes/td-p/3707547 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent taylorcavell an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
taylorcavell
Topic Author

Sky have confirmed that the CSA I spoke to gave me the wrong info and Sky does use DPD doorstep exchange. Still have to sort out what happened to my parcel but things are getting sorted!

Thanks for all the advice and help. 
This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@caesarome wrote:

The reason why Sky do not do doorstep exchanges is because you as the customer do not have any proof that can be used to track the box that has been returned so really you shouldn't have done this. Your only hope is that is does get back to Sky so have you tried speaking to DPD about this ?

You're talking to total rubbish! Sky have been using DPD doorstep exchanges for years

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

So I see, that was a new one on me !

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@caesarome wrote:

So I see, that was a new one on me !

Same here as well 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this chat session now but if there is anything else we can help you with in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks.

This message was authored by Sarashires68 This message was authored by: Sarashires68

Still an issue as of today! Being told different things by Sky CSAs and DPD. Print a label,  don't print a label. Package, don't package. Will get a receipt  won't get a receipt. Its just bad on Sky's part. They at least should know what to do. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion