Discussion topic: Contract renewal

This message was authored by David2211 This message was authored by: David2211

Contract renewal

My contract is due to renew, why do loyal customers never seem To get offered any deals yet new customers get a good deal, also I already have sky broadband but you want to charge me £10 admin fee to renew my broadband contract, why?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Contract renewal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@David2211 

It's normal. Admin charges are usually added to discounted deals (new or on renewal), and it’s normally £10 per discount. Perhaps check your future bills and see if the charges have been credited back. If you negotiated the deal on the phone and these admin charge(s) weren’t mentioned contact Sky again. They should be able to listen back on your original call and if they weren’t mentioned they will hopefully cancel them.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Contract renewal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

We're a customer Community, not Sky service centre advisers.

An admin charge per service per renewal is normal nowadays. Why is it charged? Because Sky can.

New customers get offered cheap deals to entice them away from a current provider. No doubt you had a good deal when you joined Sky. Presumably Sky knows from their long, previous experience that they don't need to offer the same deals to existing customers to encourage them to stay.

Haggle and see what you're offered. If you don't think it's good enough, walk away.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion