Discussion topic: Contract nearing its end.

This message was authored by DorsetJon This message was authored by: DorsetJon

Contract nearing its end.

Morning,

Our contract expires shortly,and so all of our in contract discounts are disappearing.

But my question surrounds ringing Sky to renegotiate a new contract,or to potentially CANCEL.

"Will be ringing Sky in around a fortnights time,but can we as customers still have a good old haggle,or do Sky now construct a bullet proof wall against any loyal customers,seeking to source a good contract?"

And yes I know lots of people in here have said that Sky aren't"obliged"to repay loyalty by giving long standing customers a discount,but it helps to know IF some good manners and a bit of a haggle will actually pay off,when contacting them.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Contract nearing its end.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Recent posts suggest that decent discounts are harder to come by, but it's still worth haggling. Ask to speak to the cancellations team upfront when you call and don’t hesitate to give notice if Sky don't come up with a deal you think is OK. A competitor's new customer pricing is a good place to start so have some ammunition  handy!

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@DorsetJon  As you already know Sky aren't obliged to offer any discounts, nor are they obliged to match your last one.

As per @Mark39  I would echo this

Only you can decide if what you're being offered is acceptable.  You option is to cancel and wait out the notice period if something acceptable isn't offered on the phone, Sky normally send out emails to entice you back so offers may be better at this point.

Of course being polite can go some way to help.  Unfortunately we can't predict what Sky will or won't do in your case.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

DorsetJon
Topic Author

@GD1 @Mark39 thanks,guys.

It still BAFFLES me why Sky dont wrap loyal customers in cotton wool,doing their upmost to hold onto their custom and support.

But hey,what do we know,eh!!!

DorsetJon
Topic Author

Additionally in our local shopping centre,we have a long standing Sky trade stall,whereby they try and snare passing shoppers,to come and join Sky.

My girlfriend said they whistle a very different tune when she asked them about haggling,over the phone.

Perhaps they fell,for her blue eyes LOL

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Certainly discounts are still possible but they generally aren't as good as they used to be.

From my recent experience you tend to be offered better discounts if you are willing to switch to Sky Glass or Sky Stream. Which in all fairness to Sky does make sense as they look to encourage people to switch over to their long term strategic streaming platform.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion