Discussion topic: Cancelled contract but still showing active

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Cancelled contract but still showing active

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@nozzasti i believe Sky have 8 weeks to respond to your submitted complaint, so not really sure there is much you can do until the 8 weeks have elasped.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

nozzasti
Topic Author
This message was authored by nozzasti This message was authored by: nozzasti

They replied after a few hours of me sending an email this morning, after a WhatsApp conversation I need to wait a few more days and take it from there. We shall see 

nozzasti
Topic Author

Finally it's been closed,  just awaiting details to send back the q box. Thanks to all who commented.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@nozzasti 

Sky usually sends packaging out near the end of the cancellation notice period of 31 days for TV or 14 days for Broadband/Talk so if you haven't received it then you can use whatever boxes you have or can get as this link will help you to print the return label and return it via Royal Mail:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-tv-broadband

Add a note inside with your account number and a list of equipment you have included.
Make sure you get and keep proof of posting when sending this off.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
nozzasti
Topic Author

I sent back the equipment, had a confirmation saying that it had been delivered by Royal Mail, then had a text saying it hasn't been sent, so rang and confirmed it has been received, then today get an email saying it hasn't been sent back. Am currently waiting on the phone to get through to someone about this. 

I'm also getting emails saying my subscription is going up soon, even though I don't have a subscription anymore. One day I may be free from Sky!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@nozzasti 
Have you kept your proof of posting?

Unipart are the company that deal with returns. Prior to Christmas returns were taking 2+ weeks to be processed at their warehouse. Let us know in this thread about the proof of posting and we can maybe get you some help from the Messaging Team.

If you have the proof it should be a fairly straightforward process. If you haven’t retained it, any cancellation of non return fees would be at Skys discretion.

Please don’t try to post an image of the Royal Mail tracking or postal receipt as Sky don’t allow them on the forum.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
nozzasti
Topic Author

I have kept proof of posting, ironically I've found a message from Sky saying thanks for sending back the Sky kit, it's with their courier and will be with them shortly. The time they sent that message was about 40 minutes after Royal Mail said it had been delivered, however their records are saying it was never sent. I'll give it a week, if I receive any more messages saying it hasn't been sent back I'll get back in touch with them. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@nozzasti 

As stated in my first post we can get you some help today if you prefer. 

Sky customer since 2001
nozzasti
Topic Author

@Daniel0210  thanks Daniel, I would like to take you up on your offer if that's ok, I think if I can have some confirmation somehow in writing that would help. Let me know what you need 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@nozzasti wrote:

@Daniel0210  thanks Daniel, I would like to take you up on your offer if that's ok, I think if I can have some confirmation somehow in writing that would help. Let me know what you need 

@nozzasti i've escalated this for you to the Sky Messaging Team.

They may be in touch with you regarding this within the next 48 hours via a colourful chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. 

You may need to refresh your browser for the chat bubble to appear.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
"https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147"

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. Please note this isn't a live chat so replies may not be instant.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@nozzasti 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team should contact you later.

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Sky customer since 2001
nozzasti
Topic Author

@Daniel0210 @MarkGoldsmith Thank you both for this, I will await the chat thing and go from there.  

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @nozzasti to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion