Discussion topic: Cancelled contract but still showing active

This message was authored by nozzasti This message was authored by: nozzasti

Cancelled contract but still showing active

I cancelled my contract last month by using the text service, I was out of contract so had to give 31 days notice. Yesterday was supposed to be the last day, however this morning it's still showing as active, and thinking about it I've had no emails to say my contract has been cancelled, has anyone else had this at all? Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Cancelled contract but still showing active

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@nozzasti 

Sounds like you may not have cancelled so might be wise to call Sky and confirm. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
nozzasti
Topic Author

Thanks for that, I'll be annoyed if that's the case, but will try and call them when I have time 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@nozzasti 

Packaging to return loaned equipment will arrive if you've successfully cancelled which may indicate if you cancelled correctly or not. You should have had the confirmation email though.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
nozzasti
Topic Author

No, I haven't had the package so looks like they haven't cancelled it, nor the email 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@nozzasti wrote:

Thanks for that, I'll be annoyed if that's the case, but will try and call them when I have time 

Sky need to verify your .identity in order to confirm your cancellation. If you didn't give your telephone password, or haven't spoken to Sky on the phone, it's unlikely that you've cancelled successfully. 

nozzasti
Topic Author

I gave my security details on the link they sent me in the text and have proof of that, obviously not good enough for them 

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Mark39 wrote:

@nozzasti wrote:

Sky need to verify your .identity in order to confirm your cancellation. If you didn't give your telephone password, or haven't spoken to Sky on the phone, it's unlikely that you've cancelled successfully. 

Indeed, I'm unaware of any 'text cancellation' service...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
nozzasti
Topic Author

Well it started as online chat and ended up

Texting them, if they was unable to cancel my service then they should of said and asked me to call instead. Looks like I'll have to ring them now 

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@nozzasti wrote:

Well it started as online chat and ended up

Texting them, if they was unable to cancel my service then they should of said and asked me to call instead. Looks like I'll have to ring them now 

I've cancelled before using the chat only - no need for a 'text'.  But best to check.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
nozzasti
Topic Author

Thanks all, ended up ringing up Sky, they said they could see the chat asking to cancel it but it wasn't actioned. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@nozzasti wrote:

Thanks all, ended up ringing up Sky, they said they could see the chat asking to cancel it but it wasn't actioned. 

I hope they are agreeing to honour your initial cancellation request so starting the notice period on the date you informed them.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

nozzasti
Topic Author

I was told that it would be from immediate effect,  however I haven't received any email yet so have chased them on X (Twitter). If by this time tomorrow I haven't heard anything or the sky is still on I will be chasing, I was told it'll take 24 hours for the sky to shut down so we shall see. 

nozzasti
Topic Author

Update: still not resolved. Been told due to "system errors' that's why they haven't been able to cancel my account, and it'll take up to four days now to cancel. Sky help on Twitter have been useful though. 

nozzasti
Topic Author

Still not cancelled. Getting fed up with them blaming it on 'system errors'. Only positive thing is that they have said they won't bill me from the original cancellation date, which is 16th Jan, however that was verbally given so we shall see. Have been in touch with complaints but don't suppose anyone knows who else I can contact at all? Or anything else I can do? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion