Discussion topic: Can I postpone my broadband cancellation date for another month

This message was authored by Lambo1 This message was authored by: Lambo1

Can I postpone my broadband cancellation date for another month

My Sky broadband is due to be cancelled on the 11th September 2024 I need to postpone it for another month is this possible or will I be hit with a massive cancellation fee 

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Can I postpone my broadband cancellation date for another month

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lambo1 wrote:

My Sky broadband is due to be cancelled on the 11th September 2024 I need to postpone it for another month is this possible or will I be hit with a massive cancellation fee 

All you can do is phone Sky and ask them to cancel the cancellation request. However its possible being quite close to the termination date you may be too late, as whilst Sky are likely to be able to undo the cancellation on their end, the request also has to go over to Openreach. Based on other threads on this forum there have been issues where Sky have cancelled a broadband cancellation request, but Openreach have still acted upon it due to not receiving enough notice.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Can I postpone my broadband cancellation date for another month

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lambo1 wrote:

All you can do is phone Sky and ask them to cancel the cancellation request. However its possible being quite close to the termination date you may be too late, as whilst Sky are likely to be able to undo the cancellation on their end, the request also has to go over to Openreach. Based on other threads on this forum there have been issues where Sky have cancelled a broadband cancellation request, but Openreach have still acted upon it due to not receiving enough notice.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion