Discussion topic: Broadband sky bill is not what expected

This message was authored by Madzia84 This message was authored by: Madzia84

Broadband sky bill is not what expected

Hi. In December I bought from sky broadband super fast for 26£ for 18months. My last bill was 40.26 and included sky broadband superfast for 17 days I dont know why is that?? And my future bill is showing 30£ instead of 26£. I am really not happy about that and I am thinking to cancel contract with sky now. Kind regards Magda

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Broadband sky bill is not what expected

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Your last bill covered more than a month. That's because you were billed from, the date your broadband service was activated until the end of that month AND for the next month in advance. Your future bills will be for just a month.

I don't know what the extra £4 in your future bills is for - nobody here can see your bill. However it's itemised, so you can check the details yourself, or post a picture here (make sure it doesn't include personal details like your account number) and somebody here will take a look.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Your last bill covered more than a month. That's because you were billed from, the date your broadband service was activated until the end of that month AND for the next month in advance. Your future bills will be for just a month.

I don't know what the extra £4 in your future bills is for - nobody here can see your bill. However it's itemised, so you can check the details yourself, or post a picture here (make sure it doesn't include personal details like your account number) and somebody here will take a look.

Madzia84
Topic Author
This message was authored by Madzia84 This message was authored by: Madzia84

Thank you for your message. I atteched the picture for my future bills.

Screenshot_20230224-112523_MySky.jpg

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You will need to call Sky and ask them if the discount at £26 has been applied to your account. If you have a Sky Talk landline phone or Sky Mobile then the free number to use is just 150.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Skyleeds123 This message was authored by: Skyleeds123

My bill gone up from that 26 offer to 39.50 

Really thinking of leaving Sky now. And i have had account for over 7 years. You get new customers offers for 17.50 but when you stay loyal you pay more then double !!!

Really upset about my bills.. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Skyleeds123 

That sounds like your discounted deal may have recently ended or be ending very soon. You would have been told the date the discount was ending when you originally took it out. If you haven’t already you should compare a previous bill to your latest bill and see where the amounts differ.
If your discount has ended you will need to contact Sky to try to negotiate a new deal which will require another minimum term contract. Sky are not obliged to offer you another discount but if you’re offered something acceptable you need to agree to it there and then because if you decide to think about it the offer may no longer be available.

You can either call Sky or use the following link
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave

This might also help to explain
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/been-overcharged

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Skyleeds123 wrote:

You get new customers offers for 17.50 but when you stay loyal you pay more then double !!!

Worth noting that the currently advertised £17.50 for FTTC broadband only applies for the six months until the end of 2023 and then doubles for the next twelve months of the contract: it's not a viable price for an ISP to charge over a full minimum term.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion