Discussion topic: Broadband credit not refunded

This message was authored by SkyUser2424 This message was authored by: SkyUser2424

Broadband credit not refunded

Morning,

I left Sky at the beginning of March, however was still billed for my March payment. I have since been credited around £47 to my account, but this has not been refunded to the original payment method, and has been 6 weeks.

How do I get the money I'm owed returned?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Broadband credit not refunded

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SkyUser2424 
Your post has been escalated to Sky and the Messaging Team should contact you later.

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @SkyUser2424 an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
SkyUser2424
Topic Author
This message was authored by SkyUser2424 This message was authored by: SkyUser2424

This chat service doesn't work at all. I have been asked for my Sky details, when I am already logged in.

I submitted the details, I am then told to submit the details via a "secure form" which doesn't exist on the chat, whilst using Safari browser and told to try a different browser. I used Chrome and still the same issue. Now I'm being told to try a different device. I've already verified my details via the chat. All I want is an answer as to what's happening with my refund.

No wonder I left Sky Broadband, and now they're attempting to keep money for services they never provided. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@SkyUser2424 

The chat invite should still be live. Dozens of customers go through the escalation process daily without a problem (I've used it twice myself). The alternative will be you calling Sky. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
SkyUser2424
Topic Author

The issue is the chat isn't working properly. I've been asked to submit a "secure form" with my Sky details. The secure form button does not exist on Safari browser, or Chrome browser. Am I expected to go to the local library to sign in on a desktop. I really don't understand why it's so complicated to just speak to someone at Sky. 

I haven't got time to spend hours on the phone to Sky

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@SkyUser2424 wrote:

The issue is the chat isn't working properly. I've been asked to submit a "secure form" with my Sky details.

I'm not sure what that means. As I understand it (and I admit I haven't used the process myself) you enter your details in the chat dialogue window itself, rather than via a separate form.

SkyUser2424
Topic Author

That's what I did. Then I was told I need to submit them via "secure form" which apparently is: A blue button on the chat underneath the chat? The blue button is nowhere to be found.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@SkyUser2424 wrote:

Then I was told I need to submit them via "secure form"

Who told you this, the chat team ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion