Discussion topic: Billing

This message was authored by Rebekah6 This message was authored by: Rebekah6

Billing

 hi I just went onto my sky app to manually pay my bill as I do every month and it is saying it's already been paid? I still continued to pay it in case it's been a mistake on their part and now it's taken the amount off my bill for the next month. 

IMG_0626.png

IMG_0625.png

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Billing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rebekah6 

Your images both show personal information (account number and mobile numbers) so were rejected. 

If you have a continuous payment method set up (and you should have) you should never need to make a manual payment. A credit will appear on your account for the amount you have overpaid. This should automatically be used to pay your next bill so on that bill date no/less money should be taken from your account. I would suggest not making manual payments unless requested to by Sky.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

So that's correct if you make an overpayment. Which has been done in this case as your current bill was paid, it goes towards next months bill.

do you have a direct debit setup which may have automatically paid this months bill?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

I suspect (as per the contract) they have used your payment details on file to automatically request payment.

Indeed, making a manual payment in these circumstances will be used against next month's bill.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Rebekah6
Topic Author

Hi, I checked my bank accounts and there have been no transactions of £51.80 from sky at all. The last transaction was last month 

Rebekah6
Topic Author

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Rebekah6 

Feel free to post the images again after blocking out the personal info. I've just looked at the rejected images again. You apparently made a payment of £51.80 yesterday and another £51.80 was paid today. It then appears next month your bill is currently paid (by your overpayment) leaving you £4+ in credit. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Rebekah6
Topic Author

Hi that's the images again and also a screenshot of my transaction from my bank account. @Daniel0210 

IMG_0625.jpeg

IMG_0626.jpeg

IMG_0628.jpeg

IMG_0629.jpeg

  

Rebekah6
Topic Author

@Daniel0210 if you could give me help it would be appreciated, stressing out lol 😬

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

The most likely explanation is the payment has been requested a couple of working days prior - this has been shown as hitting your Sky account but is pending with the banking clearing system.

I'd wait until Monday to see what transpires.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Rebekah6
Topic Author

@PandJ2020 Thanks. If the bank bounce the payment will sky just move the payment from next month to this month? Or will I just have to make the payment again?

Rebekah6
Topic Author

@PandJ2020 not sure if my last reply posted, but thanks anyway. If the bank bounce the payment will sky take the payment from next month or will I have to pay it again? Thanks

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

If it's a direct debit that fails Sky will automatically try it again 10 days later.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion