Discussion topic: Billing

This message was authored by Jack+R This message was authored by: Jack+R

Billing

On the 2nd jan I've been billed £53 and then on the 5th jan I've been billed £79.39?? I've tried going through the bot helpline and I still don't understand. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Billing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jack+R wrote:

I have not, it's all set up with direct debt

That might be the case but are sure you did not manually pay it yourself as some do tend to do this is the misytaken belief it will stop the DD from being taken which doesn't happen if the payment is made to close to the billing date. What is odd is that Monday the 2nd was a Bank Holiday so the payment would have not been taken via a direct debit on that day as the banks themselves don't process these payments on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays. Either way you are now £53 in credit so this will be used against your next bill.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Jack+R  Have you recently switched from q to glass/stream ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Jack+R
Topic Author

No I'm new to sky and this is my second payment since having the sky glass 

@Jack+R The first two bills are always higher due to the date period they cover (longer than the usual 4 weeks) as you can read about here, halfway down the page here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/understanding-my-bills#M1014

Check your future bills to see what they show from month 3 onwards as it should then match your agreed price

https://www.sky.com/manage/bill/future#M1014

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

Jack+R
Topic Author

I checked future bills before this and it only said £53. I've been charged the £53 and then another £79 on top of that 2-3days later 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Jack+R wrote:

I checked future bills before this and it only said £53. I've been charged the £53 and then another £79 on top of that 2-3days later 

Is there a bill which shows the £79?

Jack+R
Topic Author

On my latest it shows the costs of;

sky entertainment/Netflix 

Netflix premium 

sky glass 

At the bottom at total payments 

£53 paid on 2nd Jan

£79.39 paid on 5th Jan 

account credit £53 

I'm guessing they've took two payments off me and credited me £53? 

@Jack+R  Have you made a manual payment at any point when you have a continuous payment method setup as doing so won't stop the automatic payment process if the payment is made within 4 days of payment due date 

Jack+R
Topic Author

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@Jack+R wrote:

That might be the case but are sure you did not manually pay it yourself as some do tend to do this is the misytaken belief it will stop the DD from being taken which doesn't happen if the payment is made to close to the billing date. What is odd is that Monday the 2nd was a Bank Holiday so the payment would have not been taken via a direct debit on that day as the banks themselves don't process these payments on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays. Either way you are now £53 in credit so this will be used against your next bill.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion