Discussion topic: Bill higher than expected

This message was authored by Lisa152 This message was authored by: Lisa152

Bill higher than expected

I was just wondering why I am paying £92 just for sky tv and broadband it's a joke that it's went up in price. I feel like leaving sky because of how high the bills are.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Bill higher than expected

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lisa152  Apart from the annusal price rise that happens each April have your discounts ended?  Have you compared your current bill to a previous buill?

If discounts have ended have you called Sky to negotiate a new deal?  

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Lisa152
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lisa152 This message was authored by: Lisa152

Thank you for your reply yes they have ended and it looks like I will need to contact sky as I can't afford all of that just for tv and broadband 🤦‍♀️

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Lisa152   You can call on 150 from a Sky Talk Line or Sky Mobile.

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
(UK) https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number
(ROI) on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Stay on the line and don’t hang up if prompted to. Apparently the quieter times to ring are just after 7am or about 9pm.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Lisa152 one thing to notice is that the renewal offers tend to differ day by day and agent by agent, so if you aren't happy with what is being offered you could try hanging up the phone and trying again a few days later.

Alternatively, if you are prepared to cancel your subscription completely then speak to the cancellations/retentions team who sometimes can offer better deals. Some customers have seen better deals come through once they have given their cancellation noticed, although this doesn't seem to apply to all customers so you need to be prepared to actually cancel and walk away from Sky.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion