Discussion topic: Bill does not match quote

This message was authored by AnimalMother1277 This message was authored by: AnimalMother1277

Bill does not match quote

I have just looked at my bill, it is £15 per month over what I was quoted. I have the transcription of the chat where I agreed the new contract and they do not match up.

How on earth do you get to talk to someone to sort this out?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Bill does not match quote

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AnimalMother1277 
Your first couple of bills are usually higher, basically due to the dates they cover (more than the usual number of days). In effect you’ll be charged from the date of the activation up until the end of that billed month, and for the next month in advance. Check your future bills to see if they reflect the amount you were expecting. Also see these links
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/understanding-my-bills
and
https://www.sky.com/manage/bill/future 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
AnimalMother1277
Topic Author
This message was authored by AnimalMother1277 This message was authored by: AnimalMother1277

Thanks for the response. 

I'd already checked that. Contract updated in summer and has levelled out now. Next bill is 118 too. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@AnimalMother1277 

If you still think there's a discrepancy you'll have to call Sky. If you give them the date of your original call they'll be able to listen back to it as long as it was within the last six months.

If you definitely need to contact Sky then if you already have a Sky Mobile or a Sky Talk landline call free by dialling 150, otherwise you can use:
https://www.sky.com/help/home
UK customers: Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number.
ROI customers: change the flag in the bottom right corner of the link to the ROI flag then scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0818 number.
(The forum doesn’t allow us to type the numbers in full).

You will find that similar to calling other large companies the start will be automated which may also try to send you back to the forum. Be aware we’ve been informed the lines are busier than usual at the moment. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
AnimalMother1277
Topic Author

Thanks for sending me to the number! I am on with them now. They didn't apply the broadband contract, just the TV one. Bill settled going forward but I am having trouble getting them to backdate it to when I agreed it. I have it in the chat transcript so...wish me luck.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@AnimalMother1277 wrote:

but I am having trouble getting them to backdate it to when I agreed it.

...they can't have their cake and eat it!  If the price was agreed from that point then it applies from that point!   An ombudsman would agree all day long with that if it went there.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion