Discussion topic: Being charged for non-return of sky goods. Why cant i speak to a sky staff member?

This message was authored by rwarrington71 This message was authored by: rwarrington71

Being charged for non-return of sky goods. Why cant i speak to a sky staff member?

I cancelled my sky subscription and returned all sky equipment required back in June 2022.  I paid off my last payment to sky and then cancelled my direct debit with them.

I have just received a threatening letter from Sky stating that I owe then £69 because i have not returned by sub hub and sky booster to them.  I returned their equipment via my local post office on 09/06/22 and have proof of posting.

I have tried calling sky on 03332 022 133 and they say my account is restricted and that I need to pay off my balance before anyone will speak to me!!!

I then tried their website virtual assistant to try and get someone to speak to me, but again they would not refer me to speak to any staff, only telling me to pay what i owe them.

The letter received is dated 29/09/22 and they are threatening to refer my debt to a debt collector within 10 days.  Five days have already passed, even if i wrote a letter to them with a copy of my proof of posting, it would not arrive in time.  How am I supposed to resolve this issue, if I cannot speak to a member of staff?  Why cant i speak to a member of staff or have an email address to send proof of postage of returned equipment?

Please can someone advise me on how best to resolve this matter.  Thank you in advance for your help.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Being charged for non-return of sky goods. Why cant i speak to a sky staff member?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@rwarrington71 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to 24 hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

Your post has been escalated to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of the page. It can take up to 24 hours to be contacted via this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Being charged for non-return of sky goods. Why cant i speak to a sky staff member?

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent rwarrington71 an invite to chat 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
rwarrington71
Topic Author
This message was authored by rwarrington71 This message was authored by: rwarrington71

I'm still being charged for non-return of sky goods after speaking with Sky Employee on this Forum

Hi, on 5th October 2022 I put a post on this forum asking why I could not speak to a Sky employee on the phone to tell them that I have returned the sky equipment and have proof of posting?

I eventually did speak to a Sky Employee on this Forum via a private chat and explained the situation to them and took a photo of proof of posting and uploaded it onto this Sky Forum via the photo attachment.  They acknowledge receipt that I had returned their equipment.  They then proceeded to tell me that I will nolonger be receiving anymore threatening emails requesting payment or debt collection agency. 

I checked my sky account a few times after this conversation waiting for an update on my Sky account stating 'Account Closed', but there was no update on the account.  I then came back to this forum and spoke to the same Sky Employee and they said 'Don't worry about, the system is a bit slow, but your account is cleared,' so I left it, thinking  that this matter had been resolved.

On 13 November 2022 I get another Sky email threatening me, if they do not receive payment or their equipment back then a debt collection agency will be sent out!!!!  **bleep**!.

Please I need help to resolve this matter once and for all.

Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.

R Warrington

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: I'm still being charged for non-return of sky goods after speaking with Sky Employee on this For

I have alerted the messaging team again for you so same as before and look out for the chat bubble over the next few hours.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: I'm still being charged for non-return of sky goods after speaking with Sky Employee on this ...

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to rwarrington71.

rwarrington71
Topic Author

Due a refund from Sky, but have not received it

Hi, I need to speak to a Sky Employee, as my  Sky online account has been closed/blocked and I am unable to speak to an employee over the phone. 

To cut a long story short, this is my 3rd post on here, about sky equipment not being returned and being billed monthly for this equipment, even though equipment had been returned back in May 2022 with proof of postage. 

The last time I spoke to a Sky employee on here was back on in November 2022, who investigated my case in great detail.  It was agreed that Sky owed me money.  The employee assured me that I would receive a refund and payment would be paid into my bank account by the end of December 2022.  This did not happen. 

How do I esculate this issue to the right people in Sky?

Thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

R Warrington

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Due a refund from Sky, but have not received it

@rwarrington71 

I've merged your post into the previous thread so we have an idea as to the background to this. I’ve escalated your post to Sky again and the Escalation Team may get in touch with you later.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each chat reply from Sky within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread regularly.

You need to make sure that your email/private message notifications are switched to ‘on’ to avoid missing the alerts.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014
If you are using Safari also make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the chat bubble. If you have trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there rwarrington71, we did have a chat and have been awaiting your response regarding the refund, this is why it has not been sent yet as we had not completed the conversation, 

I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team, we will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147   

Thanks

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - spoken to rwarrington71, after a few checks, we have processed the refund for the customer. 🙂

Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion