Help
Help

White Sky+ Box & Standard Digibox
Occasional Visitor
Taylor83
Accepted Solution

Interactive option won't work.

We've just had sky hd+ fitted today but we can't get the interactive option to work. We've tried pressing button for it on the remote and by getting up the options on the tv and neither of them work.
But we've only had the tv fitted today and our phone and internet is turned on yet. So could it be because we've know Internet that the interactive option won't work?
Can anyone please help??
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: Interactive option won't work.

Interactive on the Sky box uses the phone line, and if that's not yet connected it won't work.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi Taylor83, which interactive service were you trying to access?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
shell123kiejay

hi im havin same problem, how do i connect it

thank you

Super User
kato

You will need a telephone cable.Connect one end to the rear of your sky box (this will say phone line) and the other to your phone house socket.

If you think i helped click on the star under my name.Thanks

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Occasional Visitor
rob92uk

I have just had a new HD box installed (additional multiroom) and I cannot access interactive services even though the phoneline is connected through a wireless phone jack. I have ordered a box office movie so I know the phone connection is working. Can anyone explain this?

Staff (Retired)
Jenny-S

Hi Rob92uk,

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues trying to use the interactive menu on your box. Can you advise if you are getting an error message and if so what is it, if not can you describe what happens.

Thanks,

Jenny
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
deemac47

I too need help - over the past week or so the interactive option on my sky+ box has been giving me problems in as much as it wont connect to my phone line if I am entering a competition or buying something from QVC

The errors are 104 and 107.  I have checked my phone lines and they seem OK - anyone have any answers?

Thanks D.

Occasional Visitor
Ewing7

Did you get a useful response. My phone line is connected and it still won't connect. I wonder if the cable is dodgy? It just managed to connect for once after about five mins of trying but then it was like there was a rubbish signal, all crackly and you can't actually watch it

Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Hi Guys,

Pressing the Interactive button should still allow you to access the Menu's but if you want the box to go online then we need to ensure the telephone connection is being recognised as connected.

To do this on Sky+HD:

Press Services button

Press number 0

Highlight and select signal

Press CH- and you will see the Telephone line connected status

For Standard Sky+:

Press Services button

Highlight and select System Setup

Highlight and Select System Information

You will see the a message confirming the status of the connection

If it says not connected then please follow the steps in this link

If it says connected, then please ensure that if you have broadband that the phone connection is connecting to a broadband filter.

If you are still having issue then please let us know so we can help further.

Robert-B
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Robert-B

[ Edited ]

Hi rob92uk,

You will most probably find that your wireless phone connectors are causing your issue.

We trialled these a while ago on installs but found them to be unreliable and inconsistent for callbacks as they do not work very well with Modem devices.

The reason why you can still book box office is the box only looks for the 9v supply from the phone connection at the time of booking and does not actually go online. The wireless adaptor will be providing this power supply so the box thinks it's connected. We only bill you after we receive a monthly callback to confirm the Movies or Events you have booked and viewed.

What would eventually happen if the box cannot make a callback is you would reach your credit limit and then be prevented from making anymore bookings.

I would recommend connecting a phone cable direct to the phone socket instead to resolve your issue.

Robert-B
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Ewing7

Thanks - still not working though. When you say: connecting to a broadband filter, do you mean the connector that the broadband wire also goes into and then they both connect into the wall?  If so, yes, it is.  I wonder if my SkyHD+ box is faulty - can you help some more? 

Occasional Visitor
Sianifagan

Hi all

I'm a new sky customer. I have a new sky+hd box with built in wifi. I can watch on demand no problem but when I want to see offers or go online via the interactive button I receive error code 105 not connected. My box is in another room from my phone line, the engineer didn't mention anything about connecting the box to the phone line as he said I have wifi enabled.

Helppp