Help
Help

White Sky+ Box & Standard Digibox
Regular Visitor
christophe0986
Accepted Solution

How to find out my PIN

I accidently pressed keep on a programme i was recording and now when i go to delete it, it asks for my 4 digit PIN. Problem is i have no idea what it is as i never set one up. is there a standard one they come with? i tried the last 4 digits of the viewing card but that didnt work.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: How to find out my PIN

Try Services>Parental>Other>PIN Protect Kept Programmes>OFF.  Press green to Save Settings.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi christophe0986,

You can change your pin number by using the interactive button on your Sky remote or by logging into mysky.

Let us know how you get on.

cheers  

Jane
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Regular Visitor
christophe0986

Thanks that worked :smileyhappy:

Occasional Visitor
ginger01

I used the online PIN reset tool and also checked this morning via the Sky Active PIN reminder that the change had gone through, but my sky box still won't accept the very same PIN. Where does the reminder get the number from? The sky box or the sky backend systems? Is there someway that my box could still be using the old pin? How can I get it to recognise the reset PIN?

Will

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

Hi ginger01,

If you have tried to change your PIN number by using the interactive button on your Sky remote and also by logging into mysky, and this still hasn't corrected the issue, then we will need to access your Sky Account.

As we cant handle specific accounts through the Forum, as personal details cant be posted.

My advice is to contact us directly so we can resolve this issue for you as we can manually reset your PIN number.

Tricia07
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
gingabecca1

I have forgotten my sky pin, and want to watch a 15 film, how can I find it out again?
Super User
caesarome

It is usually the last 4 numbers on your viewing card or you can set it to whatever you want via this link:

https://myaccount.sky.com/tv/pin/

or here

https://mysky.sky.com/mysky/profilesettings/tvsettings/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
katielong

I changed my Pin number recently and I did not make a note of it. I have two sky boxes ,one hd and the other skyplus. It is the Hd pin I changed.  How do I find it?

Super User
caesarome

You will not be able to find out what it is but you can change it to whatever you want by using on of the links in the post above yours.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
lynn+freeman

christophe0986 wrote:

I accidently pressed keep on a programme i was recording and now when i go to delete it, it asks for my 4 digit PIN. Problem is i have no idea what it is as i never set one up. is there a standard one they come with? i tried the last 4 digits of the viewing card but that didnt work.

I have keyed in the last four number on my sky card as instruected and it has locked me out for 10 mins

Occasional Visitor
lynn+freeman

used last four number on sky card now been locked out for 10 mins

Super User
caesarome

You can change it to whatever you want here:

https://myaccount.sky.com/tv/pin/

or here

https://mysky.sky.com/mysky/profilesettings/tvsettings/

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Rizziah

Thanks, this worked for me

Occasional Visitor
atiyah

i forgot my pin number