Help
Help

Unlimited, Lite & Connect broadband
From Unlimited to Lite our Sky Broadband packages are tailored to your family's needs. For advice in improving your speed, protecting your family online or connecting your device.
Occasional Visitor
Victoria10

Wifi password

I need to access wifi on my kindle. My Sky wireless is locked & asking for a Password but both my email password & network key aren't working. Can you tell me what password I should be using?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: Wifi password

To log into your Sky Wireless Router, enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your browser. You will see a login box. The username is 'admin' and the default password is 'sky'.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Victoria10

thanks I will try this on my kindle

Super User
caesarome

I think what your kindle wants is your wireless password and this is usually printed on the bottom of the router. You will need to enter it exactly as it is printed here, to type a captail letter I believe you need to hold the shift key down.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
lizzycarruthers1

would like wifi password for kindle

Super User
Damien-SW

look on the bottom of the router for the password, if its not there you need to goto 192.168.0.1 user = admin pass = sky click on setup and it will show you your wifi password, remember it is case sensative

----------------------------
If I have replied to one of your post for help and asked a question which you have answered but not got a reply from me feel free to PM to remind me to check your post.

Also if i have helped please click on kudos and if I solved the problem please make my post as a solution.

Damien
Occasional Visitor
Gill1982

Hi, did you solve your password problem? I have same problem. Can't connect kindle.
Super User
caesarome

As has been said quite a few times, the password you want is on the bottom of your sky broadband router. Remeber to enter it the same as it is printed, so if you need a captail letter then hold down the shift key first before typing it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Victoria10

Thank u, looks like it was the network key from the router that I needed. I just typed it lower case so it wasn't accepted. Thanks!
Visitor
Donald+Sparkes

I need to access wifi on my veiw pad My sky wireless is locked and asking for a password

I have put a password in but doesn't seem to want it and is still locked

Super User
Damien-SW

As suggest in the post above look on the bottom of your router for the password.  The PASSWORD WILL BE IN CAPITALS and you must enter them in capital letters

----------------------------
If I have replied to one of your post for help and asked a question which you have answered but not got a reply from me feel free to PM to remind me to check your post.

Also if i have helped please click on kudos and if I solved the problem please make my post as a solution.

Damien
DontBeSoNosy

Hi,I'm also having trouble connecting my New kindle to my Wi-Fi..I have the password as stated by others,it is under the router in capital letters..I have entered this at least 8 times from christmas day until today and it keeps saying its incorrect or invalid.. I have done it in capitals using the capital's button at the top,you can select lower case,numbers etc and typed it all in capitals... I keep reading about holding the shift button down to enter each letter but I don't have a shift key(or at least don't think i do)..i can select all capitals so don't see why I need to do this.?? I'm totally puzzled,I haven't been able to "play" with my kindle cos I can't connect so apologies if I sound a bit thick...I have the new wi-fi 6"ink display kindle not the older version? and no I haven't changed the wi-fi password,I wouldn't have a clue how to in the first place :smileywink: thanks for any help..I need it...!! 

Occasional Visitor
Judith+S

I so need my Wifi password for Kindle. I entered the one from bottom of router correctly but it doesn't want to know. What else can I try?

Super User
caesarome

Have you entered it the same as it is printed, it is case sensitive so if it needs a captail letter or a small one then you need to enter it this way.

I do not work for Sky.
DontBeSoNosy

Yes I've entered it exactly how it is printed...its an 8 digit lettered password/code with no lower cases or numbers...I've even tried leaving a space between each letter,even tried lower case and even tried manually entering it but it just says its invalid or incorrect but it is correct..its never been changed,I have all the requirements needed,my sky wifi shows up with a strong signal but it just won't connect..I know it works as I'm online when trying and that works fine...I'm totally at a lost as to what to do!! but ty though...