Help
Help

Unlimited, Lite & Connect broadband
From Unlimited to Lite our Sky Broadband packages are tailored to your family's needs. For advice in improving your speed, protecting your family online or connecting your device.
Occasional Visitor
specky

Re: Troubleshooting Wireless Connection Issues

i belive the password for the sky d-link routers are SKY and the username is ADMIN. hope this helps and let me know if it does cos like every blackberry user on sky i am having the same problem :smileymad:

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

I think they are actually Sky and Admin (not captails).

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
steve+carrick

I have no wireless interet when all has been fine since installation approx 3 weeks ago, now i have to use ethernet cable from router to laptop, which defeats object of 'wireless' i now have 3 green solid lights on router, power, the wireless sign and @, what is the problem, please help, i need wireless due to health issues.

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi steve, 

Can you confirm that you have followed the steps in the first post on this topic?

If you have, can you tell us what happens when you try to connect to the wireless network, are there any errors that appear?

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Regular Visitor
steve+carrick

I have followed all the correct procedures to connect to wireless, even using a different phone connection in my house to no avail i have done nothing to interfere with the wireless connection . Since the wireless failed the sky router show 3 lights, power, wireless and now the@ sign shows too, which didn't show when wireless was working.I have internet connection only when i use the ethernet cable.

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi steve+carrick, 

Can you confirm what happens and what error message(s) appear when you try to connect to the wireless signal on your router?

Robert
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
steve+carrick

When i switch laptop on the internet connection bars are dull with a red ccoss over it, and i have no internet connection I then connect the ethernet cable, router-laptop and i immediately connect to the internet. 

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi steve, 

Can you tell me if you click on the red bars with the cross, does it give you a list of wireless networks in range that you can try to connect to?

If it does, what happens if you try to connect to your Sky Router in the list, do you get any specific errors?

Robert
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
steve+carrick

Each time i have done this it dosen't give me a list of wireless networks it simply toells me there is no internet connection yet when i check through windows it says that  my conputer is connected!! Ifeel like i may have pressed a keypad i may have pressed has turned my wireless off, the F8 key has the internet sign on it but if i press that nothing happens

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi steve+carrick, it's possibly Fn and F8 together. If not let us know the make and model and we will try to help.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
frustratedx1000

[ Edited ]

All of the above applies to me to.

I have several computers and wireless devices around my house.

My PC is connected through ethernet cable

My Partners work PC connects through the wireless connection

My smart phone connects through the wireless connection

My Wii Consol can connect wirelessly

My personal Laptop will not connect unless it's through an ethernet cable.

I have reset router, added the  all available devices to the trusted section  

On laptop i click connect to a network. I can see the sky wireless box, i select it and enter the password. It then goes through the motions and says identifying..... Then it tells me the conmnection is Local Only and the Wireless box says Unidentified Network then a red x between the box and the internet

i click on the x to diagnose the problem and it runs the programme. Answers are :

*A problem with your network router or broadband moden might be preventing an internet connection

*Automatically get a new IP settings for the network adapter

*Reset the network adapter

None of which work

I have run through the troubleshooting manually adding the devices, going through the IP address and properties etc.. Infact i never knew half of what i was actually doing but i followed the procedures on this website.

I'm running a Black Sagem Box All 3 lights are solid green The @ the wireless sign and the power light. The signal is Excellent

The Anomoly Laptop is a Sony Vaio VGN-N31M Laptop with Vista Operating system and The wireless network is turned on and off by a switch on the side of the machine so i know it's on.

Access on the Network and Sharing Centre says Local Only but does not have a yellow triangle with the exclamation mark in.

Connect to a network screen says Connected to the sky router

When i was on AOL with a Netgear wireless box i had no problems connecting this laptop to it. I have also took the laptop in question to my work and connected it to their BT Wireless so i can assure you the laptop works fine with other routers.

I am at the end of my tether as are many others as this particular laptop is the only one experiencing problems.

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi frustratedx1000, I would advise checking the Sony support site and the network adapter manufacturer's for updated drivers. Once you are sure these are up to date remove the Sky connection entirely under network and sharing center then manage wireless networks. Reset the router then connect from scratch once the router has connected again.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
hstonell

My network is showing on the wireless list but when I try to connect to this it just keeps saying waiting for network to be ready??  Also showing as not connected run this several times and not worked can you help

Occasional Visitor
Spencer01

Similar problem here:

I have one laptop and iPhone connecting wirelessly.  My netbook (Acer Aspire One XP) can only connect to the internet through a wired connection.  The netbook can connect to the router (signal strength: excellent; status: connected), but does not allow access to the internet.  I took the netbook to a friend's house who has sky broadband and it connected no problem so my wireless adaptor cannot be at fault. 

I have added the MAC address to the router's wireless settings 'Trusted Stations' list.

Lights on the router are fine.

Really stuck now, can't find any setting to change, any ideas?

Occasional Visitor
goingslightlymad

Hello all, Seems that everyone has the same problems as myself, I have all green lights POWER SIGN, @ SIGN and WIRELESS SIGN. The @ Sign is on constantly when I check the green bars they seem to flash intermittently and after about 3 mins all connection fails. After a lot of scratching of heads Sky will be sending me a new ethernet cable and router, has anyone else had the same problem? And can it be fixed please help!