Help
Help

Unlimited, Lite & Connect broadband
From Unlimited to Lite our Sky Broadband packages are tailored to your family's needs. For advice in improving your speed, protecting your family online or connecting your device.
Occasional Visitor
Trooper+C1
Accepted Solution

Ping

Hi peeps,

Have been with Sky Broadband for three weeks now and so far only one problem has become apparent. I play on line games and quite regularly I get ping spikes up to 500 which lasts several seconds which is long enough on some servers to get me kicked which is getting quite frustrating. Any body any ideas why and more importantly what I can do to stop it. Never had this problem before.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: Ping

Hi Trooper+C1, if you are using Sky Broadband Everyday Lite or Unlimited then it may be possible to re-profile your line to drop the ping times. To do this however you would need to contact the Broadband Customer Help team and ask for the max delay to be set to 8ms.

I would advise however before requesting this to ensure that you get the best possible speed from your connection and make sure it's stable that you try the following troubleshooting steps on the Sky Help Centre before contacting the Broadband Customer Help team.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
priyakalyan

Re: Ping

Trooper+C1 wrote:

Hi peeps,

Have been with Sky Broadband for three weeks now and so far only one problem has become apparent. I play on line games and quite regularly I get ping spikes up to 500 which lasts several seconds which is long enough on some servers to get me kicked which is getting quite frustrating. Any body any ideas why and more importantly what I can do to stop it. Never had this problem before.

Did you get any ping problem while playing online games?
If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.
1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager
3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
4.Use any software like Game Booster
5.Move closer to server
I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your new ping using WhoisXY.com