Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Unlimited, Lite & Connect broadband
From Unlimited to Lite our Sky Broadband packages are tailored to your family's needs. For advice in improving your speed, protecting your family online or connecting your device.
Frequent Visitor
duncan.b
Accepted Solution

No help at all from sky(nat type strict ps3/ps4)

[ Edited ]
Just phoned sky for help on my strict nat type on all call of duty games. My ps3 was strict and now so is my ps4.
All they said was there was nothing they could do and wasn't there problem. Told I have to google it. Great advice for all the money I pay to sky. It started about 6 months ago when my broadband connection was dropping every 10 mins or so. They sorted that out no probs after a week or so. If I connect to next doors wifi the nat opens up and can invite friends to party's.as soon as I change back to my wired connection strict again and cannot connect any more
Any help on here would be appreciated.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
seandouglas2

Re: No help at all from sky(nat type strict ps3/ps4)

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Visitor
duncan.b

Thanks Sean. Will have a look
Frequent Visitor
duncan.b

Thanks Sean. Worked a treat.
Senior Member (Platinum)
seandouglas2

Hi glad to help. Don't forget to accept as a solution. Thanks Sean
Please note, I do not work for Sky. I am a paying customer, like you.
Occasional Visitor
samsy2353

I have numerous consoles and mainly have problem on ps3 and our new ps4! The thing is I have tryed all the solutions, port forwarding, with fixed ip on consoles, upnp on and off, putting them in the dmz and still received moderate nat status! Is there any new solutions for this issue?
Senior Member (Platinum)
seandouglas2

[ Edited ]

Hi did you try the links above? Thank Sean

http://ps3.wonderhowto.com/how-to/change-your-nat-settings-open-ps3-333495/

Please note, I do not work for Sky. I am a paying customer, like you.
Occasional Visitor
samsy2353

Yes mate, with only ps4 on the network! Moderate every time! We joined sky on 29th November the day ps4 came out funnily enuf, and I've never had a open connection on either ps3 or ps4! The xbox360 sometimes has a mod connection but is normally open.
Frequent Visitor
duncan.b

I followed the instructions in the first link. Wasn't an exact guide but easy enough to follow. It was the only one that I could get to work.
Occasional Visitor
samsy2353

I've finally got an open ps4 nat type by putting in dmz with all the ports forwarded for the same ip addresse! How this works I do not know as I thought dmz bypassed all of that any way but will only work with the ports opened as well!
JizelFizel

I'm looking for a step by step (idiot proof) guide to help me portforward for my PS4 on my Sky Hub Router (the black box shaped router). My NAT type on COD GHOSTS is pretty much stick on strict after 3 years on previous games and PS3 at being moderate.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Occasional Visitor
oopsmike

[ Edited ]

hi, if you haven't done it already then try this, i used it to change mine

<Removed>

mike

• Moderated: Removed unsafe content/security risk