Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Unlimited, Lite & Connect broadband
From Unlimited to Lite our Sky Broadband packages are tailored to your family's needs. For advice in improving your speed, protecting your family online or connecting your device.
Occasional Visitor
confused-sky119
Accepted Solution

New build house not being recognised

Hi

My daughter has just moved into a new build house and would like to become a sky customer (tv, broadband and phone) I have sent her a friend recommendation so that we both get the M&S vouchers.  After having gone through the process with her today to try and buy the package when we get to the Sky Talk section and put in her new address it says it isn't recognised and won't let us proceed with adding any Talk package to the basket.  We are aware that as the house is a new build we will need a sky/openreach engineer to connect the line but can't see how to proceed past this section.  

I have seen other similar posts in the forum about having to add new homes to the Openreach database, but we are a bit confused about this and was hoping someone might be able to help and let us know what we need to do in order to be able to move forward with this?

Thank you so much

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: New build house not being recognised

Hi confused-sky119, 

If the house is a new build and the address is not currently being picked up by our systems then you will need to contact our Customer Help team to raise this issue so that we can contact the BT Address Matching team to see if the address can be added to the required database.

Once the address has been added, you should be able to proceed with the order.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
PeteG123

Please can you advise how I contact the customer help team mentioned below? I've clicked the link below but have not found a way to contact such a team. I tried emailing using my sky ID but it said it is not verified, and I can't seem to find any information on how to verify my ID. In short, I'm after someone to check my new postcode - new build - as it is not in your database yet. Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
confused-help-plz

Hi, I am also moving ito a new build house and have been trying, unsuccessfully to place an order for FibreOptic. Between myself and my partner, we have spoke to about 10 different sky 'consultants', all of whom are extremely unhelpful!! The first problem we encountered a few weeks back, was that our address was not on Royal Mail database. I contacted Royal Mail who have since fixed this, and we can see our address on their Postcode Finder website.

We have then contacted Sky who continue to claim they cannot find our address. First it was claimed that Openreach hadn't updated their database, but as Openreach only want to communicate with service providers,  I can't seem to find out if that is the case. (no offer from Sky to contact them). More recently it has been caimed that Royal Mail do not have us on their external Register. I don't even know what this means. As far as Royal Mail have told me, their side is done.. its up to the external companies to pull their data in.

On top of all this, I can see my next door neighbour (also a new build, as part of the same project) has a valid address on the Sky Checker.. even though they are not availble on the Royal Mail website! So how can this be explained??

I can see Robert has offered to help out above, but we have had no offer from Sky to help us find out how to update their own system! You would think any normal company would be doing their best to help us out considering we are wanting to place an order with them. The level of service offered, seems to differ vastly from customer to customer, and indeed across different modes of communication (with live chat being truely useless)

Please can someone help us find out how to get Sky to update their address database!

Retired Staff Member
batweb79

Hi confused-help-plz,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you have had trying to get your order placed. The issue will be with the land line database - if your address does not appear there we cannot place an order for phone or broadband. 

The way this needs to be fixed is by the developer of the property registering the address of the property with Openreach so that orders can be placed.

Thanks,

Barry
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
lyndz2013

I am totally disgusted with the level of service im receiving from you ref trying to set up a new build property with TV,PHONE & BROADBAND!!

Ive now spent over 160 mins on the phone to your customer service team, and costs of £75 in calls and got nowhere!!!!

My address is coming up on Royal mail site fine, but not on sky or bt.... After days of my own investigation this is due to my postcode being incorrect on Bt database. I brought this up with sky customer services who keep throbbing me off with a load of rubbish. I know sky have to contact Bt Addressing to get this changed but no 1 seems to want to help.

im so close to wipeing my hands with sky if this is not resolved by the start of next week (8/7/13)

please can someone chase thi up and help me

Contributor
James+OT

Occasional Visitor
CMB74

Really hoping someone can help! Moved into a new build on 30th April after having already registered the address with the post office, I did this on the 23rd April as I was informed by SKY that open reach updated their records on 25th of each month so hoped this would be in time. However it would appear not but got told its fine wait a month (?!) and end of May will show up no problem. Guess what - it didn't! I've now waited another month to find out Sky still can't give me a phone or broadband or tell me when it's likely to be. They actually told me to go and talk to BT which I did and BT said Sky should be doing the chasing for me. Openreach are impossible to get hold of as they deal with the providers not us as customers. I don't want to get my phone etc from BT but feel I'm being left with no option?? I had my tv etc all installed by Sky no problem and don't understand what the problem is? On top of the frustration it's costing me financially as I can't get the whole discounted deal I was originally promised without the Sky phone and broadband - please help!!
Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi CMB74, 

I know it's not ideal that you are unable to place your order for Sky Talk and Broadband. As this is a new build property, once all the work that has been carried out in order to give you a service is complete, your details will be updated on the Openreach systems once this is done we will then be able to process an order which will allow us to activate you. 

We are limited in what we can do to get this done any quicker as we do need to wait for the systems to be updated. 

Thanks, 

LauraMac
Community Coordinator