Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Unlimited, Lite & Connect broadband
From Unlimited to Lite our Sky Broadband packages are tailored to your family's needs. For advice in improving your speed, protecting your family online or connecting your device.
Occasional Visitor
Oakie
Accepted Solution

How can I change Sky wireless router Network Key

I need to change network key in order to maintain ongoing security of my broadband connection and restrict usage by someone who knows the current network key. Is it possible? If so details of how to achieve would be appreciated

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
PaulEK

Re: How can I change Sky wireless router Network Key

Unless you have changed the details the user name is admin, password is sky

Click on wireless settings link

Scroll down to network key/ passphrase box

Type in new key

Save and apply

Used to work for Sky and BT ADSL tech support but please don't hate me for it :smileywink:
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Oakie

gives me authentication error - assume i should be able to reset router to factory settings via button on back, then login and change password and reconnect wireless devices

Senior Member (Platinum)
PaulEK

Have you changed the log in details? Make sure you are using lower case and no caps for the user name and password. If it fails you can reset the router by holding in the reset button for 3-4 seconds, the lights on the router should go out and then start flashing, do not hold the reset button for much longer than this as it will reset it back to factory settings and mess up the router.

Used to work for Sky and BT ADSL tech support but please don't hate me for it :smileywink:
GCR
Occasional Visitor
GCR

Just read your response i need to change my password too, how do i log into the router?

Thanks

Super User
caesarome

[ Edited ]

By either reading the scond post in this thread and clicking this link:

http://192.168.0.1

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
mummyhaff

the link worked great, i changed my SKY network key and SSID within moments. :smileytongue:

Occasional Visitor
MoonstarAthena

Hi,

I tried the same link to reset my network key and I keep getting the same authentication window after inputting the username and password stated...

I need to ensure my password and network is safe after our lodger who is a compuer programmer has moved out. He has been able to use his laptop at his friends over 2 miles away to control his desktop at home via our network, and I want to protect us from him leeching our service.

Thanks

Mick

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi MoonstarAthena, the log in password for the router may have been changed. You can reset it and the rest of the settings to factory default by holding in the recessed reset button near the power button on the back of the router for 5-10 seconds until the tick light on the front flashes.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
pete166

hi i changed my network key successfully and then logged out of the page.  i revisited the page to check something and at log in it asks for an admin password, i out my new router key into the box and it won't let me back in.  what have i done wrong, anyone?

Super User
caesarome

To login to your router you need to use this:

Username - admin

Password - sky

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
chrishill

My sky usage is reaching its limit very quickly this month. I suspect someone may be using our wireless network.

I tried the method and typed in Admin as username and sky as password. I chose the Wireless Settings and in the Security Key box I typed in my new password. However, unfortunately, there was error on page. I cannot find APPLY/SAVE button on the page. As a result, I cannot save the new network key..

Please can you help??

Thanks

Super User
caesarome

Close down your browser then start it up and try again.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
EmmieLouLou

Thank you for your great explanation of how to find my network key password - you're my hero!!

Occasional Visitor
maris2025

it didn't help. this is my first time to change the password. i tried the username: admin and password: sky i failed. is there another way?