Unlimited, Lite & Connect broadband
From Unlimited to Lite our Sky Broadband packages are tailored to your family's needs. For advice in improving your speed, protecting your family online or connecting your device.
Getting There
acbal1

Re: 1471 Call Charges?

Hi sdt and all,

Good point. I have itemised outgoing detailed/call charges for all amounts (even free) and it never has been the case that any details/calls  have appeared on the bill straight after a supposed call return.

Its seems if you dial 1471 when a registered number comes in, it tells you the number and what time called and does give you the option to press 3.

But when a with-held number comes in, it says you were called at whatever and the caller with-held their number, then it says "please hang" up then this engaged tone! and i get charged.

Got charged last week and yesterday thats how i know the difference(checked on sky bill on my sky, still to be charged).

Just a thought......

Im thinking it is defo something to do with these withheld numbers.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
Robert

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you have had this ongoing and are still waiting for a resolution. We acknowledge that you require help to get this issue sorted so we will investigate the matter and try to seek a suitable resolution for you. We will make contact again once we have an update.

Please continue to post on this thread if you are experiencing this issue as it will help with the investigation.

Thanks

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
sdt

Hi acbal1 (and all), I absolutely agree with you on both your previous posts to date. I wonder if the 141 with-held number option is triggering these problems.

I spent 1.5hrs talking to sky support/tech support on Saturday and told "after 10+years on customer services I have never heard of this problem" ....... .

I then (annoyed) typed "sky 1471 charges" into google and found this forum & since have found other network forums (Bt/virgin/etc) that have similar problems.

Speaking to colleagues at work, many do not have itemised charges less than 50p (on other networks) so may not be aware of these stealth charges.

I'm New Here
malc1976

This has been happening to me as well, I have checked my last 2 bills and I have been charged 12 times for call return which has never been used, not only has this happened to me but I checked all my families bills as well and it has happened to them. We contacted sky on 29 march who said he has never heard of this problem and he is sure it must have been someone at home making the calls, he said he would look into this and get back to me within 3 days, I have not heard from them yet.

The annoying thing is I was all ready to leave sky last month but they managed to talk me into staying and gave me another 12 month contract, I will not be as silly next time when the contract expires, cant believe they are allowed to get away with ripping all these people off.....

Getting There
acbal1

Received a private message from Robert from Sky regarding my previous post, asking for my details - which i gave.

Have heard nothing from Sky since, they have removed the most recent charge. But that does not solve the problem, or make up for previous charges!

I having been using 1471, and have not been charged again (i check often). Funnily i have had no withheld numbers when i've checked. Certainly sure that is the problem.

Getting There
mikpt

Like many other people I too have been charged for the 1471 service, sent an email as I was told to and have just received this reply.

Thank you for contacting Sky Broadband Support about the 1471 service.

I have investigated your enquiry and can advise that the 1471 is a free feature but if you chose option 3 to return the call then there is a charge applied and this is why the charge is showing on your sky account and unfortunately I am unable to offer a refund in this instance.

If you need further help or information, please reply to this email or contact us on 08442 41 05 15.

Kind regards

Jan
Sky Broadband Customer Services
Sky

As you can imagine I am not impressed, I have had a telephone for over 20 years and have never pressed 3 to return a call.  They are making excuses for their error to avoid paying people the refunds they should.

I will post the reply I receive to the email I have just sent.

Getting There
obohan

I got the same Emailed reply from Sky customer support as mikpt.

Staff
Robert

Hi All,

We are aware of a 1471 charging issue that has affected a proportion of Sky Network customers.

Some of you may have noticed incorrect 1471 option 3 call return charges on your bill when the actual call made was 1471 only. We have fixed the issue to ensure that no incorrect 1471 charges will appear on your bill from now on.  

We will be crediting customers’ accounts with any incorrectly billed 1471 charges automatically within the next 28 days, so there is no need to call in to organise a credit.

We apologise for this error. 

Getting There
acbal1

Hi Robert & All,

CLEARLY NOT FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been charged on the 18th April for a supposed call return, which was never done! I pressed 1471 and it was a with-held number (i have been using 1471 lately and have not  had a charge, this is the 1st with-held i've had since i was last charged) Certainly something to do with these withheld numbers and 1471

PLEASE ADVISE?????????    THIS IS TOTAL NONSENSE, TRYING TO GET FOBBED OFF AGAIN BY SKY.

Staff
Robert

Hi acbal1, 

Thanks for making us aware of this as we were advised the issue had been fixed, I'll pass this on for further investigation.

Getting There
jcthfc+5

yes i was charged for only dialing 1471 phoned sky and was told someone

pressed 3 this kept happening and we don't ever press 3 so now we don't ever

use 1471 and get a charge of 16p i know its not big money

but why pay for something you never used????

the people at sky basically said (we can do one)

Getting There
jcthfc+5

we kept being charged for only dialing 1471 16p a time we never press 3 cos we know and would expect

to pay for this after talking to sky without any return of these charges we just don't do 1471 anymore.

it was never a problem with BT ?

Getting There
obohan

Has anyone received a refund yet?

Getting There
DINAH+780

Yes I received a credit for the 1471 call charge on my May Bill. I have not used 1471 since being charged for it. Have you being charged for it recently?

Getting There
kirsty+williams

does this come up as 00000000000000000000 call return 17.7p on your/my bill if so why?