Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Unlimited, Lite & Connect broadband
From Unlimited to Lite our Sky Broadband packages are tailored to your family's needs. For advice in improving your speed, protecting your family online or connecting your device.
Tiger800
Accepted Solution

1471 Call Charges?

Just noticed on my latest bill (only) that I have been charged for using 1471 which I was lead to believe was FREE [only chargeable IF I used the Option 3 Call Back feature] ?

In the past we where not charged but this time round we have been ................ has there been a change to the Sky Talk Service?

Tried to find the Sky Talk T&C etc ......... online but have given up as it's like trying to find a needle in a whole bunch of hay stacks!  :-(

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: 1471 Call Charges?

Hi Tiger800,

The 1471 service is free and you should not be getting charged for using this. There may be an issue with your account if this is happening. As this is account specific, please use the Contact Us page to raise this with our Customer Help team who can assist further.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
DINAH+780

Why am I being charged for using 1471 when I did not used the call return?

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi DINAH+780,

You should not be billed for the 1471 calls.

As this is an account specific issue we would need to access this by providing your Sky account details. This can't be done publicly over the forum. You can do this by going through the contact us section of the help centre. 

Jane
Community Coordinator

Visitor
obohan

I have also been affected by this. Looks like it might be a widespread problem

Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi obohan,

If you could contact us we will be able to investigate this issue further for you.

Thanks

Shelz
Community Coordinator

Visitor
obohan

I have contacted Sky and they are saying I must have pressed 3. I am well aware of the charges if you press 3, thats why I don't do it but I have still been charged.

Occasional Visitor
topgear

i am also being charged for 1471 without pressing 3 is this legal when it should be a free service will i get a refund and any idear when this will be fixed i am not happy

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Everyone,

We are sorry to hear you have had this ongoing and are still waiting for a resolution. We acknowledge that you require help to get this issue sorted so we will investigate the matter and try to seek a suitable resolution for you. We will make contact again once we have an update.

Thanks

Robert
Community Coordinator

sdt
Visitor
sdt

I have also been charged twice for 1471 call return when i have never used the call return option, and the charges have been applied when no one was even in the house 16/3/11 and 27/1/11. This has only happened since i changed to unlimited plan in january 2011. I spent over 1.5hrs today talking to customer services & tech support, they did a line check while they called back on my mobile, & all was reported OK. I was on hold on my mobile for half an hour eventually discussing type of phone wall socket then got cut off. No one bothered to call back. Called twice tonight, cut off once, the put through to tech support again, told not a problem with system, but would refund 2x16p charges. I am adamant we never used call back feature, were not in house and this is a generic fault. Why would i even be bothered about 16p costs if they were genuine??

Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi sdt,

I am sorry that you have not had a good experience with Sky in regards to this call return option.

I am glad that you have managed to get this issue resolved and getting refunded, I understand that you would not be unhappy paying these charges if they were indeed used.

Please accept our apologies for the bad experience, this is not our intention.

Thanks.

Shelz
Community Coordinator

Tiger800

UPDATE

Well ............. it's now almost the end of March, I've had my next Bill and YES, I'm still being charged for the 1471 Call Back  service?

Given I DO NOT USE the Call Back feature - it's rather annoying!  Sky's responce - to start with 'There's No Fault with the service'?  - [I must be telling porkies then!] - then they said 'they would monitor the situation - but on checking so far (yer right!) they could see NO PROBLEM' - [I take that to mean it must still be me ... then!]

Reading this Forum, I now see several others have been affected - so there IS a problem - Nice of Sky to get back to me and inform me of such .... but ''Hey Ho''.

As such the only option I now see open to me is not to ever use the 1471 number again  - that way they can not go on to claim I've then gone on to use the 'press 3 to call back the number dialed' option!

One thing I forgot to post on here was that when I checked my line using the 1471 number - every time the number calling me had been withheld by the caller and as such there was no way I could even use the Call Back feature (something I did tell Sky in both my enquiries to them) but it seemed to make no difference to them - STRANGE THAT?

Have any of you had any feedback from Sky yet (?) - or is just US?

Visitor
acbal1

Also happening to me! Totally sick of Sky.

Has happened in Jan/Feb/Mar. Spoke to Sky last week they said they checked the line and all appears to be fine but had opened an order to have it checked out, would do a call back fri evening with up-date - never happened!

Today i noticed i had another one on my account from yesterday -  after i dialled 1471 and it told you the caller with-held their number there was an engaged tone. It seems every time i get this ENGAGED tone i get charged and have NEVER pressed 3 at any time.

Phoned Sky today, they have no record of an order - total crap to get you off the phone. The guy in accounts, said technical are saying there is no fault and would not re-imburse. It is total principle here, i am not paying for something i dont use and would never waste money on.

Was told to write to Head Office, what a piece of non-sense!

Well Sky what replies you got for that - clearly a widespread problem!

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi acbal1,

After looking into your issue we are unable to complete the investigation without further information. We have sent you a private message asking for specific details relating to your enquiry. Can you please respond with the information required and we will be able to escalate your issue further.

Thanks

Robert
Community Coordinator

sdt
Visitor
sdt

Hi Shelz, thanks for your reply.

I have another observation, both times I have been charged for call return there are no detailed/itemised outgoing call charges shown at that time, therefore I did not request call return or I was not connected. I wonder if this applies to everyone else?  If option 3 was pressed by anyone then I believe that an outgoing call will be recorded and statistically at least one person here on this forum would have this call cost shown. If nobody has the outgoing call itemised (assuming all calls are detailed on bill below 50p) then this must prove we never selected call return. I am sure I have been charged when I was not at home, and my best theory today is that the answer machine picked up an incoming call, perhaps the same number that I had checked on 1471 maybe days before & triggered a call return cost, just a guess. Therefore I am also not going to use 1471 ever again until this problem is fixed.