charged £41 for a call i did not make

New Viewer
Post 1 of 9

charged £41 for a call i did not make

Shocked when i see my bill even more shocked when i contacted sky customer services 

Ok here it is i have broadband and phone package we never use our phone only 4 times in 6 months 

and when my bill arrive at double the amount i looked and could see i was charge over £40 for a 13 min call (see image) upon contacting customer services i was told it came from your phone  line so its your bill yet the number is not in my handsets call history the customer service girl just repeated like a drone so fuming its unreal its clearly not a call i made or from my landline handset sky.PNG

Moderator Note: Image contained personal information including telephone and Sky account number

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 9

Re: charged £41 for a call i did not make

09xx numbers are premium rate numbers often used by magazines, newspapers, adult content providers, competitions etc. Could anyone (guest, caller, workman, carer, for example) have had access to your phone connection  for a short, unattended period?

Oracle
Oracle
Post 3 of 9

I looked this number up and while not finding who it is for I noticed five complaints for exactly the same amount and time from people who claimed not to have ever phoned this number. There is something suspicious going on here.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package
Highlighted
Oracle
Post 4 of 9

@olitaylor wrote:

Shocked when i see my bill even more shocked when i contacted sky customer services 

Ok here it is i have broadband and phone package we never use our phone only 4 times in 6 months 

and when my bill arrive at double the amount i looked and could see i was charge over £40 for a 13 min call (see image) upon contacting customer services i was told it came from your phone  line so its your bill yet the number is not in my handsets call history the customer service girl just repeated like a drone so fuming its unreal its clearly not a call i made or from my landline handset sky.PNG

Moderator Note: Image contained personal information including telephone and Sky account number

Hi @olitaylor 

This is a customer-to-customer forum and no one here can help with account inquiries, therefore are unable to help. You will need to contact Sky directly. https://contactus.sky.com/uk

If you are not happy with the service you have received from Sky then this shows you how to make a complaint.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Runner
Post 5 of 9

charged £33.255  for an 08.57 min phone call to an amazon number listed on the internet as an amazon contact number niether sky or amazon were interested as they said i used a wrong number which scammed me  the  o9prefix

number i rang sky advertied charge is 14P per minute as of 1st may 20018 ? so how was i charged  approx £4.05per minute and niether amazon or sky can tell me whom charged me for the call they must have been billed by somebody ?   any answers out there.

Oracle
Post 6 of 9

If you used a number obtained via a web search, it was very likely not an authorised contact number. There are companies who, perfectly legitimately, offer contact numbers for other organisations, often at premium rates. There have been posts from other community members who have unwittingly fallen foul of the same thing. Only use contact numbers obtained directly from the company - in this case, Amazon.

Runner
Post 7 of 9

thanks Mark  i know this now but there was no indication this was a service number i bet sky and amazon are aware of these numbers so why do they not block them from thier sites or at least warn customers of thier exzistance ounce bitten twice shy. the only fault is the total lack of empathy fom sky and amazon customer services ?

Oracle
Post 8 of 9

@jake28 wrote:

thanks Mark  i know this now but there was no indication this was a service number i bet sky and amazon are aware of these numbers so why do they not block them from thier sites or at least warn customers of thier exzistance ounce bitten twice shy. the only fault is the total lack of empathy fom sky and amazon customer services ?

They can't block these numbers because it is not on their website, It is down to the person who is selecting the website in the first place to ensure they are selecting the correct website.

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Oracle
Post 9 of 9

@jake28 wrote:

...why do they not block them from thier sites or at least warn customers of thier exzistance ounce bitten twice shy

Unfortunately these providers are acting perfectly lawfully providing they tell you upfront the charges, so there's no way they can be blocked. They often pay to appear at the top of search results, too, so it's easy for the unsuspecting to be caught unaware. As you rightly say, once bitten....

Recommended Threads
Oracle 09-02-2018 06:54 PM
Oracle a month ago 12:19 AM
Oracle 01-01-2018 09:58 AM
Oracle 05-02-2018 04:18 PM
20-01-2018 05:19 PM