Talk & line rental
Sky Talk offers a range of packages to keep you in touch with family and friends. If you need technical help or want to discover the range of Sky Talk features available.
Getting There
andycol3
Accepted Solution

live chat

some people on here mentioned live chat. how can i get to live chat? can't find it anywhere?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
Robert

Re: live chat

Hi andycol3, 

Live Chat is a new service and the availability of this feature can be intermittent. Live Chat is available under some options on the Contact Us page where we can offer this service. You'll see a button for this alongside the E-Mail and Phone options at the bottom of the Contact Us page if you select the correct options.

Please note however Live Chat is not available for all query types, if you're looking for Live Chat support for the issue you mentioned here. I'm afraid the Live Chat service cannot assist due to the nature of your query. Broadband and Sky Talk issues cannot be supported by Live Chat at present due to the nature of the troubleshooting processes involved.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
andycol3

Thanks for explaining about the live chat ..

Explorer
SPEEDY61

Hi there, can someone tell me how i start a live chat please? I managed to get on it when i first signed up online for SKY, but can't remember how i got it. My first question is regarding my bill, the 1571 and caller display, wanted to know if you are charged for those? The McAfee security suite trial, i'm unlimited so i get it for a year, but i downloaded it and couldn't install it as my free trial of norton is still running, just wanted to know if the McAfee trial started from the day that i downloaded it? And finally, just wanted to check if i will receive the M&S vouchers for joining online?

Staff
Robert

Hi SPEEDY61, 

The Live Chat function is available when selecting the relevant options which are covered by this service on the Contact Us page. We also offer Live Chat Support on the MySky website under the My Account section when we can. If the option does not appear or is greyed out, this could indicate that no advisors are available and that Live Chat is extremely busy or unavailable.

Regarding your query relating to 1571 and Caller Display, these services are available at no additional cost.

To query the activation of your McAfee subscription and the M&S vouchers, please use the options on the Contact Us page to discuss this with our Customer Help team.

Explorer
SPEEDY61

Thank you very much, you've answered my questions about mcafee, 1571, caller display, found the expiration date of mcafee on my account. Still not sure how i find the sky chat, have also posted about billing enquiry and vouchers tonight, so hopefully have a reply soon, thanks.

I'm New Here
billie+jean

Hi yeah you can live chat as I've done it scroll to the bottom of each page and you will see it in the left hand corner, I've just gone to do it now myself but its blocked out and don't let you click on it so I think they cant have any advises loll

I'm New Here
Kydra

My talk line is not active. I just got a phone and tried to connect it but I can not get a dial tone.

Getting There
BigJ041068

How do I retrieve text message sent to landline today stated it would be saved for 12 hours when daughter listened to it today, I need to retrieve the message.

Staff
chelsea12

Hi BigJ041068

To retrieve a text message, dial 1571 on your phone , this will retrieve any messages. 

Thanks

Getting There
kester+ugbelase

hi

I'm New Here
alan1712

why cant i get the chat window up

Getting There
Junna12

I'm having trouble with a phone line if you could pls help me thank u very much
Retired Staff Member
usman-a

Hello Junna12,

Thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Sky Talk and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Can you please provide us with more information so we can assist you accordingly?

Thank you 

I'm New Here
Mengsh+Gebrezgi

con lelp me to activate nowtv