Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Talk & line rental
Sky Talk offers a range of packages to keep you in touch with family and friends. If you need technical help or want to discover the range of Sky Talk features available.
I'm New Here
omarepps

is 0845 and 0870 numbers free on sky talk

are 0870 and 0845/0844 numbers free on skytalk

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
El Capo
daveNOS

Re: is 0845 and 0870 numbers free on sky talk

[ Edited ]

No they are not free you can find the cost of the calls by clicking this link

Opinions expressed on here by me are mine and mine alone.
I do not work for Sky im just a customer like you
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
jason-d

[ Edited ]

Hello omarepps,

We have introduced our new Sky Talk package, Anytime which costs £5.00 a month. This allows you to call 0845 and 0870 numbers, which are inclusive for the first 60 minutes. 6.63p per minute thereafter, 

or you can hang up and redial. If you currently have Sky Talk Weekends at £0.00 a month, then you can upgrade through MySky.

If this information has helped answer your question, then please click  Answered as this may help other customers with a similar question. However if it doesn't answer your question then can I ask that you post your query onto our dedicated Sky Talk Technical board in our Help Forum and a member of our community can help you further. 

Thanks,

I'm New Here
annemcwilliam

[ Edited ]

is 0870 numbers free

Community Coordinator
Jason-H

[ Edited ]

Hi annemcwilliams

Thanks for getting in touch on the Sky Help Forum with regards to call costs.

The main question you have asked is regarding calls to 0870 number of which I would like to clear up the answer. The cost of calls to these numbers would all depend on what Sky Talk package you subscribe to. You can check this by logging into your My Sky account. If you subscribe to the Sky Talk Anytime UK or Sky Talk Anytime International package then calls to 0870 and 0845 will be free of charge for up to 1 hour 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, if you subscribe to the Sky Talk Weekends package then calls to 0845 will be chargeable regardless of when called and  calls to 0870 numbers will be free for up to 1 hour at the weekend only.

I hope this has answered your question. If not, just give me a shout. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter.

Cheers,

Getting There
Wintermum

You may wish to further edit this reply Jason as it proved confusing for me. I have the Anytime (not followed by UK or International) package, even though I only joined sky from O2 last month, and I do not have 0845 numbers included in my package.
Community Coordinator
lainys

Hello and Good Afternoon Wintermum.

Thank you for your recent post to the community.

I apologise that you were confused when you read Jasons reply.

Can you confirm how much you pay for your Sky Talk package please? You can find out this information by clicking onto this link and signing into your on line My Sky with your user name and password. 

We have 3 Sky Talk packages.

a) Sky Talk Weekends: where you get Inclusive weekend calls to UK# landlines. Great value call rates to UK mobiles and international landlines Included at no extra cost with Sky Line Rental at £15.40 a month. If you need help you can call Sky Customer Services at no extra cost on 150.

b) Sky Talk Anytime UK:which is £5 per month, plus Sky Line Rental at £15.40 a month. Unlimited UK# landline calls, including 0845 and 0870 numbers. Great value call rates to UK mobile phones & If you need help you can call Sky Customer Services at no extra cost on 150.

C) Sky Talk Anytime International: which is £10 per month, plus Sky Line Rental at £15.40 a month. Unlimited geographic landline calls to 50 international destinations, including mobiles in Canada, Hong Kong and USA. Unlimited UK# landline calls, including 0845 and 0870 numbers & If you need help you can call Sky Customer Services at no extra cost on 150.

I hope this helps make things a little clearer.

If I can help with anything else please post again on the relevant board.

Kind Regards.

Getting There
Wintermum

Hi Lainys

I pay £5 a month plus line rental. As I said in my earlier post my package is Sky Talk Anytime, not followed by UK or International, so none of the 3 detailed in your post give the correct information for me.  

I have now discovered it is an old (discontinued) package, even though I only transferred to Sky from O2 last month. It is confusing for me as, being new to Sky, I do not know the finer details of my package and I thought that this forum would have given me the correct information.

Regards

Community Coordinator
lainys

Hello again Wintermum,

As you are paying £5 per month along with line rental then it will be the Anytime UK package you are on however, as you are a little concerned I am going to get one of our escalations guys to contact you by private message to collect some details from you which will allow us to access your Sky Account and double check for you.

The guys will contact you asap.

Please come back and let me know how you get on :smileyhappy:

Kind Regards

Getting There
Wintermum

Hi Lainy

You asked me to let you know how I got on - well so far I haven't. I received an email yesterday with a link to Live Chat which I used but after waiting for 30 minutes with no reply I was not prepared to wait any longer. I replied to the email thus and was sent another link today to Live Chat when I was kept waiting for 20 minutes without reply so I gave up! I have informed the escalations team and hopefully they can suggest an alternative means of communication.

Regards

Wintermum

Getting There
Wintermum

Hi Lainy

I have at long last received confirmation that calls to 0845 numbers on my package, Sky Talk Anytime, are NOT included. This means that the earlier post on this thread from Jason D to omarepps on 18/8/13, amended by Jason H on 7/1/14, is incorrect.

Regards

Wintermum