Help
Help

Talk & line rental
Sky Talk offers a range of packages to keep you in touch with family and friends. If you need technical help or want to discover the range of Sky Talk features available.
Contributor
DizzyJR

how do I turn off voicemail?

since Ive switched to sky I have noticed I have voicemail 1571 on the line which I do not want as it interferes with my VoIP system which I have my own voicemail with it which I want to use.

Is there anyway I can get it turned off without having to phone up as Its just a pain since you have to wait for at least 10 mins before you get thru to someone then they dont wanna speak to me as I am not the account holder even though I am authorised to make changes as long as they are not billing related

My line rental is with sky and dialing the code to turn off BT's voicemail doesnt work

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Tricia07

Re: how do I turn off voicemail?

Hi DizzyJR,

I am afraid you will need to contact us to remove the call feature voicemail 1571 of your line rental package.

We can appreciate how frustrating it can be with the call waiting times, however we have no other option to be able to remove this.

As long as you have access via a password on the Sky account this will allow you to make changes.

Tricia07
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
amanda+doidge

Re: please remove voicemail from my phone

Occasional Visitor
Scouse8

I have contacted sky on 3 occasions to turn off my voicemail yet still it is on.
Senior Member (Diamond)
Oliver341

Scouse8 wrote:
I have contacted sky on 3 occasions to turn off my voicemail yet still it is on.

Maybe because Murdoch companies are quite fond of voicemail. :smileywink:

Oliver.
Staff
John-B

Hi Scouse8

Can you confirm how you contacted us regarding your voicemail needing to be turned off?

Thanks

John-B
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
jasmoon

I would like to cancel  Voicemail Plus asap as I prefer to use my own answering machine. I sent an email will this be acceptable to cancel the service? Thank you

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi jasmoon, 

Yes an e-mail to the team will get this cancelled however it may take up to 5 days for your e-mail to be picked up and actioned and a further 72 hours from when the request is processed for voicemail to be removed from your line.

Our teams endeavour to answer e-mail queries as quickly as possible however there is currently a delay as the teams are quite busy.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Senior Member (Diamond)
Oliver341

Robert wrote:

Our teams endeavour to answer e-mail queries as quickly as possible however there is currently a delay as the teams are quite busy.

Hi Robert,

You have been telling people for some time now that it is taking 5 days or more for customer support to reply to emails. How is recruitment coming along in this area?

Oliver.
Visitor
Sky+28002

have not requested Voicemail and would like it turned off as soon as possible

Occasional Visitor
Angry+Customers

I have requested this three time now and each time i have been told it has been actioned... and yet it is still active.

Come on Sky... Get a grip ?

Occasional Visitor
BadEggy

Pleae turn my VM off. I have not asked for this service.

Thank you

Retired Staff Member
Jenny-S

Hi BadEggy,

Welcome to the Sky Help Forum.

In order for your voicemail to be turned off then you would need to contact us as we are unable to do this on the Forum due to it being account specific.

Thanks,

Jenny
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Potteries+Lass

Hi I have now been waiting since 30th July for someone - ANYONE - to turn off my 1571 message service. I've told Customer Services I don't want it - I've been assured that someone is going to switch it off - and yet it's still there!!! Despite being told originally it would be done within 72 hours. Perhaps this should have been 72 days :smileyhappy:

With constant offers from Virgin dropping through my post box to switch - and the choice of whether I even want this service in the first place - which I never did and was never offered a choice to decline - I have to say they are looking a pretty good option!

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi Potteries+Lass, 

Welcome to the forum, 

It is unusual for the voicemail service not to be removed from your account within 72hrs, I would definitely not expect it to take 72 days to be removed :smileyhappy:

When was the last time you contacted us for an update on this?  

LauraMac
Community Coordinator