Help
Help

Talk & line rental
Sky Talk offers a range of packages to keep you in touch with family and friends. If you need technical help or want to discover the range of Sky Talk features available.
Visitor
IanYork
Accepted Solution

Picking up voicemail from a mobile phone

Hi,

I'm trying to pick up voicemail while I'm on holiday, but the dtmf tones sent by my mobile (Nokia E7) for the pin code aren't recognised by the system. Is there any other way than calling from a landline to listen to messages when you're away from home?

Process is

- dial home

- wait for intro

- enter pin

- - has no effect, just let's you leave a message as normal

Thanks,

Ian

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Re: Picking up voicemail from a mobile phone

Hi IanYork,

Are you on Holiday within or outside the UK?

Also if you are on our own Sky Voice & Broadband Network for your services then you can also access your Voicemails via MySky by logging in then within the Account Summary section, you will see any new messages you have. You can also access this from the My Broadband section, under 'Voicemail.'

Robert-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
IanYork

Hi Robert,

thanks for the suggestions. Logging in to the account summary screen and the My Broadband screens, I can't see any references to voicemail. I assume therefore that I'm not on the Sky Voice & Broadband Network: how can I check what network I am on at home? It would be very cool to be able to listen to my voicemails via my laptop while I'm away.

I'm in UK and using a standard Vodaphone sim in a Nokia E7 phone. The phone displays that it's sending dtmf tones when the keys are depressed during a call to the home voicemail. We've also tried using an iPhone 4, also on Vodafone, with the same results.

Cheers,

Ian

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi IanYork,

Thanks for that, unfortunately it's not possible to check from home what network you are connected to however our Customer Help team can advise on this.

I'd recommend contacting our Customer Help team to report this issue for further investigation.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
IanYork

OK thanks Robert.

I'll contact customer support once I'm back off holiday and see what they say. I'll post here what I find out.

Cheers,

Ian

Contributor
ianjean

i am glad i am not the only one at the moment not able to get my messages,i tried via my mobile and i use the internet i have mobile wifi from 3 and have up to recently getting no problems retrieving my voicemail while away but now  i cant it wont let me play messages that are there, now hearing someone else with problem i think it may be a sky fault as i can retrieve my messages if i am a sky network, lol they want me to  phone to sort fault but we are away a lot!! the whole point on having this message retrieval!! i tried today and for a split second got a message saying general fault with service so ai think there is a problem if only someone could confirm this

Visitor
IanYork

I'm afraid I didn't get a satisfactory answer when contacting the support team - it took quite a while to explain the problem and then I got lost in the queue. I basically gave up. In fact, I gave up using voicemail altogether.