Help
Help

Talk & line rental
Sky Talk offers a range of packages to keep you in touch with family and friends. If you need technical help or want to discover the range of Sky Talk features available.
Occasional Visitor
ChrisSims
Accepted Solution

How To PIN Protect/Lock Your Home Phone

Hello, I just wondering if there is a way to PIN protect or lock my home phone so only I can make outgoing calls, as it is a busy family house and I do not want them making calls without my knowing when I am at work, thank you

C. Sims
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Re: How To PIN Protect/Lock Your Home Phone

Hi ChrisSims,

It's not possible to Pin lock your phone line with Sky Talk.

Thanks

Robert-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
ChrisSims

Thank you for getting back to me but are you saying there is no way or method or system i can use where i can stop people using my phone but me, maybe certain handsets only offer the option? thanks

C. Sims
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi ChrisSims, It may be possible to purchase a handset with this function however we do not offer an option to bar outgoing calls on the line.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
billynomates1

This feature needs to be implemented.

I live in a shared house and my house mates are using the phone that I pay for whilst I am at work. They are running up large phone bills (£50+) with out my prior knowledge, promising to pay me and then not paying me. I need to be able to stop them using it as it is costing me a lot of money.

Occasional Visitor
gymjam+bennett

i agree something needs to be done as i got told that this would be implemmented my end of march but all they have done is to say we can block any phone calls from the phone... but why would we want to do that when if we didnt wanna use the phone full stop we wouldnt have a house phone in the house lmao... i really think they need to sort this out as bt have had this setting for years now so i aint a clue why sky doesnt.... and if it doesnt get sorted soon then i might leave when my contract ends... 

thanks

gemma

Occasional Visitor
karen6566

[ Edited ]

I think this is a disgrace Sky.... I have the same problem as the others above. My 2 son's use my home phone to call mobile without me knowing until I get my bill in. I have noticed a good few calls for mobiles costing 20p and 30p for a 2 sec call yes 2 sec call. I had this problem with talk talk and that's why I left. When researching Sky forums for a protect and pin for home phones. I was absolutely shocked to see that there is no such service from Sky. Very disappointed indeed, <REMOVED>

• Moderated: Unfounded allegations
Senior Member (Diamond)
Skytime

In fairness its not really skys fault that they dont offer a solution for other people in your home from ignoring your request and using your phone but you can go out and buy plenty of various handsets or adaptors that offer pin protection to call numbers beginning with certain prefixes so migth as well try and get some of those...
Regular Visitor
Scott1919

I have to agree with the majority here BT and Virgin both offer pin number services for your phone line that you need to enter before making a call.I am out working 40+ hours a week rarely use house phone but this month have a bill of near £100 because others in the household are using the phone line.To find out there is no service available from Sky that allows a pin number service is shocking.Sky is way behind the times here with it's market rivals and needs to be brought upto date as soon as possible.

Occasional Visitor
MargotWhyte

I am sorry that it is so easy for you to simply state that there is no facility to pin lock a landline phone. I wonder if you would introduce the service when everyone goes bact to BT. They may have a dearer line rental but their phone charges put sky to shame.

Occasional Visitor
MargotWhyte

Go back to BT is the cheapest way...

Occasional Visitor
MargotWhyte

So why don't you advise people to go back to BT then. It will work out cheaper for them inthe long run and be less stressful. Buy an expensive new phone you say that has a lock facility built in when you know some people will spend a fiver at a charity shop and simply plug in their own handset. I'm disgusted that there is no solution from sky and will be moving back to bt in the near future.

Occasional Visitor
Tbaxx

i was just looking for the same information.... seen as this conversation was a while back has there been any change, thanks.

Staff
John-B

Hi TBaxx

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately there is still no service offered for PIN locking your home telephone via Sky Talk.

Regards
John-B
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Joshua.T

[ Edited ]

I am also very disgusted by Sky and people who abuse phone in the house. But I mostly blame Sky for allowing that to happen. Like other providers Sky <REMOVED>. Or they will be loosing customers as they are loosing me in a few months when my contract ends. Thank God.

• Moderated: unfounded allegations