Help
Help

Sports, News, Movies & Other Apps
Visitor
spcurtis81

Sky Sports Now TV for Sky Subscribers

Hi

So I am a Sky subscriber and I am also a Sky Sports subscriber. Recently Sky Sports now was added to Apple TV. Is it possible to watch these channels using your regular Sky Sports subscription or would you have to pay a separate fee?

Thanks
Ste
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
jordan-a

Re: Sky Sports Now TV for Sky Subscribers

Hi Ste,

Thank you for getting in touch,

Regarding your query, unfortunately you are unable to use your Sky Sports subscription on the Apple TV, you would need to pay a separate fee for this.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Jordan

Jordan
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
Ben1980

I believe this is a breach of consmer rights as we pay for the channel and not the platform that the channel is available on.

This is like the BBC saying that we should pay another fee to watch their content on the western digital live hub.

Retired Staff Member
Kristi-C

Hi Ben1980, sorry you are unhappy with the response to this question. I understand the frustration this may cause. Once again I apologise for the inconvenience. Thanks 

Kristi
Community Coordinator
RFO
Occasional Visitor
RFO

Interesting that Airplay is blocking you from showing Sky content (to which I subscribe) via Apple TV for contractual reason yet you are able to watch the content on Apply TV as long as you are willing to pay for NowTV. Are Sky merely hiding behind this as a suitable excuse to generate more revenues or is it genuine? Lucky that BT Sport is getting more and more content and do not have these limitations.
Community Coordinator
usman-a

Hi RFO,

Thanks for your post.

We're sorry you feel this way, to view NOW TV content you will need to subscribe to their content. For more information please visit the NOW TV website .

Regards

Usman
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.