on 21-01-2012 10:00 PM
I had to unplug my box last night. About 30 mins after I did this my sky box did an update and ever since I have not been able to see my Planner or Anytime etc. I ave lost all my recordings and can not pause stop, rewind or record anything. All I get is a message saying "Your Sky+ HD box is initialising. Please Wait".... I've tried waiting and nothing happens!
I have a Amstrad
Model - R003.047.25.00P
Version - 4F3002
Any ideas about what I should do next?
on 22-01-2012 07:33 AM
See if rebooting the box helps.First turn your box off at the mains for 5 minutes,turn back on and wait another 4 minutes then retry.
on 22-01-2012 10:04 AM
Yes rebooted numerous times, with hard power down, no difference.
Also powered down and up holding backup button on box to reload software, completed this twice and no change.
Its amazing how much we have learned to rely on Sky+ etc. still trying to pause TV but can't !
Getting fed up and suppose i will have to look at purchasing another box or changing TV suppliers for a new one.
Its anoying as I know its been auto upgraded via ethernet that has caused the issue.
But what can we do ?
Any other last resorts are welcomed.
on 22-01-2012 10:25 AM
Carry out this procedure.If you have already done the first part proceed with the second.
1. Power the box off at the mains power supply.
3. Locate the backup button on the front/top of the box.
4. Press and hold in the Backup button, and while doing this switch the box back on at the mains supply.
5. Continue to hold the Backup button after you have powered on, you should see within 60 seconds 3 more lights come on the front of the box? At this stage you can release the Backup button.
6. If you have 4 lights lit, it means the box is going through the forced download procedure. Leave for 15 minutes then try to see if your Issue is resolved.
If that fails then the next step will be a front panel reset (This will reformat the hard drive losing all saved recordings):
1. Power the box off at the mains power supply.
2. Locate the left and right arrow buttons either side of the select button on the front/top of the box.
3. Press and hold both the left and right arrow buttons in together, and while holding power the box back on and continue to hold the buttons after the red light comes back on.
4. Continue to hold the buttons, you should see within 60 seconds, the blue/green circle light in the centre of the box light up a full circle.
5. Let go the buttons then press select button on the box twice.
6. You should see the blue/green circle light moving anti-clockwise and the record and play lights in the centre flashing on/off.
7. Once the lights go off, the box will have rebooted and you will now only have the red standby light lit on the box.
8. If you can now wait 2 minutes before switching the box back on from standby to see if the fault has resolved
on 22-01-2012 12:21 PM
Yes, the total reformat was my next move.
And Thanks, that seems to of resolved the issue, obviously lost all previous recordings but hey, so what.
Just to let you know when re-formatting my box, a bit more detail on item 4.
4. Continue to hold the buttons, you should see within 60 seconds, the blue/green circle light in the centre of the box light up a full circle -
NOTE: The blue circle light starts flashing on and off, then after select is pressed twice and both centre lights come on the circle still falshes on and off until going into standby, also very quick procedure, literally took 30sec to complete.
Not bad for a harddrive re-format, I expected longer.
thanks again, you have made my Sunday !
on 31-01-2012 11:39 PM
After only 6 weeks I feel ready to throw my new Sky+HD box in the dustbin. Initially everything worked fine until about 2 weeks ago. I was watching a recorded programme when suddenly the picture freezes. I press FF & Rew and all seems to be ok for a short while until it does it again. After a while I decided to delete that particular programme and watch something else I've recorded. The same thing happens again and I go through the same process until all is working fine again. The next problem is record failure and this happens time and time again.
Since then I've been through reset on more than one occasion, after showing initialising. Please wait" message. I've also done a total rebuild 3 times as per the instructions on here, It now appears that the blue light in the centre continues to flash around in reverse while the other 2 lights remain on steady..... No matter what I do from switching off and power on again etc etc nothing seems to stop it from going round. I'm also getting a "No satelite signal"
Any help on this subject would be a better positive rather than the dustbin or I blow my top.... Thanks Mick
on 02-02-2012 03:58 PM
First of all I would like to apologise for the delay in getting back to you and to welcome you to the forum.
It sounds like the hard drive is having problems and if the planner rebuild is not working, unfortunately the next step would be to carry out a full system reset. This reset will delete all planned/existing and series links that you have in your planner, so I would suggest trying to watch and/or copy programmes that you would like to keep onto an external device.
Can you let me know how you get on after the full system reset?
10-03-2012 06:51 PM - edited 10-03-2012 10:45 PM
ive tried the 1st reset/update and lost ALL channels/planner/anytime
retried the reset and it's given me back my channels but am back to the 'initialising' , guess the reset is next move -
managed to reset box via menu - am not able to record/pause or play else the box freezes or i get the "Your Sky+ HD box is initialising. Please Wait" Message - pretty useless on a sky+ box but i can atleast see programs again
on 11-03-2012 04:28 PM
The box can show this message if you are trying to access the planner when it is rebooting. If you haven't tried to access the planner for 3-4 minutes after you have done a reset/planner rebuild/full system reset or software download, can you try this procedure:
on 04-08-2012 12:51 PM
on 25-01-2013 03:25 PM
on 30-01-2013 02:08 PM
Welcome to the forum.
I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If the box works when you move it to a different room the fault must lie with either the cabling to that room or the signal being sent to that room.
Either way you would require and engineer to fix the issue.
on 16-07-2013 08:31 PM