Help
Help

Sky boxes
Occasional Visitor
rene2001

Can you connect an external hard disc to Sky+ box to watch movies through it?

I have an external hard drive with 1TB of movies on it but my multimedia player just died. I noticed the Sky+ box has a usb port. Can I plug in the external hard drive and use the Sky+ box as a media converter?

Thank you
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Annie+UK

Re: Can you connect an external hard disc to Sky+ box to watch movies through it?

No, you can not attach any external storage devices to a Sky box.

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK      Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One, Dell XPS18, iPad Occupation: Senior Analyst/Programmer

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
rene2001

Re: Can you connect an external hard disc to Sky+ box to watch movies through it?

Thank you very much Annie. Great help! ; )