Help
Help

Sky Yahoo Mail
Visitor
anne8

Re: new sky email format

i agree with everybody who doesn't like it!,who seem to be the majority!!  it has changed for the worst. Google do seem to take over, why do Sky allow this,surely you must have some clout!!!???????

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

Give the basic version a try anne8, it might be a more basic version but it is easier to navigate around:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Email-Tools/NEW-SKY-EMAIL-FORMAT-A-FIX-THAT-WORKS/td-p/396555/jump-t...

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
maxine+clarke

I can't get a full screen when writing or reading emails, its just awful, I have about two or three lines to either write or read something it MAD!!! MAD!!!  Totally agree it needs to be put  back as it was Please!!!

I have none of this problem with Hotmail why can't they do something like that or just leave the bloody thing alone!!!

Super User
caesarome

maxine+clarke wrote:

Totally agree it needs to be put  back as it was Please!!!

The post above yours should help you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
ElsomW

What a GREAT new eMail page! I love it so much I would willingly pay £400 a month for it.

Or perhaps that's the advertising revenue per page given the size and durbaility of the advert at the top of the page?

For goodness sake, who wants a wretched email client that is plainly set up to maximise advertising revenue at the expense of usability? If I scroll down my emails, I expect the top of the screen to disappear, not for an advert to  remain to tempt me to spend my money.

Poor, Sky, poor. Very poor.

Occasional Visitor
Rara-Avis

I am very diasappointed that the new format has a reduced display page space for emails. Much of the space is taken up by an extra line of pop up advertising material. How do I reduce the advertising and increase what I really want to see?

Contributor
Tonyt1967

Rara-Avis wrote:

I am very diasappointed that the new format has a reduced display page space for emails. Much of the space is taken up by an extra line of pop up advertising material. How do I reduce the advertising and increase what I really want to see?

You have 2 choices.

1 / In the right hand corner in the ad at the top , sort of hidden is adchoices with a little symbol, if it is there, click on it, and follow the instructions to unregister from it. It will still be there but slightly smaller. All it does is it disables a cookie in the settings.

2/ The other option is, when you want to view an email from someone, you can open it in full window mode. Just click the little arrow next to the printer icon on the right of the email heading. Makes it sooo much easier.

I hope this helps you and any others that can be bothered reading this.

Tony

Occasional Visitor
userunknown

Hi Have to agree-new format is rubbish.Can't find anything, cant send very easily and can only read a few lines..It wont let me revert so I'm afraid it will be good bye to sky mail and alas goodbye to sky as I was only staying for the e-mail services......

Occasional Visitor
Little+Paul

Please could you put the sky e-mail back as it was and take all the adverts away at the same time because I have lost the use of the top of my page due to the new set-up and adverts,

I don't like this at all,

if this can not be sorted can you tell me how to remove the adverts and make my e-mails return to a full page and not waste over half of my page with rubbish that I don't want to look at when I am looking at my e-mails.

Super User
caesarome

userunknown wrote:

so I'm afraid it will be good bye to sky mail and alas goodbye to sky as I was only staying for the e-mail services......

The ironic thing is that even if you leave Sky you can still use Sky email as it is for life once you have a sky email address. A lot of us are using the basic version as posted here:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Email-Tools/NEW-SKY-EMAIL-FORMAT-A-FIX-THAT-WORKS/td-p/396555/jump-t...

I do not work for Sky.
Super User
caesarome

Little+Paul wrote:

if this can not be sorted can you tell me how to remove the adverts and make my e-mails return to a full page and not waste over half of my page with rubbish that I don't want to look at when I am looking at my e-mails.

Try the basic version Liitle+Paul as you should find it much better in this respect:

I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
Pat+Cooke

Well i agree with everyone so what can we do instead of moaning after all we are the customers and have the right to complain...i reverted to the old version but it only lasted a few months and now back to half a screen of emails..not good enough.....

Super User
caesarome

Pat+Cooke wrote:

not good enough.....

Have a read of the post above yours Pat.

I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
geoff-twiggy

Dear Sky;

I have complained several times about the new format problems i.e. do not have full screen vision of emails and only six emails available on scroll bar etc., etc., Inability to work text scroll bar [it just does not work] and inability to access the bottom row of the monthly calendar to post an out of office notice.

I see that many people have also complained!

But there has been no apology from you or indication tht you are going to do anything bout it.

I am seriously considering changing email provider!

Please tell me honestly whether you are going to do something about it [i.e. within the next two weeks]

How can you be so arrogant to treat your customers in the way you have ?

G T Bailey  Telephone   PLEASE CALL URGENT

Super User
caesarome

A lot of us are using this basic version:

I do not work for Sky.