Help
Help

Sky Yahoo! Mail
Sky Yahoo! Mail allows you to stay connected with family and friends. Whether you are setting up Sky Yahoo! Mail for the first time or need advice on the features available.
Occasional Visitor
Irene+Guild

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH THE NEW YAHOO SKY MAIL????

[ Edited ]

Anyone got problems BIG STYLE AND TAKING AGES TO LOAD OR MOVE TO CERTAIN FOLDERS ETC. The adverts are holding EVERYTHING UP...  It is absolutely dire...... Get a grip and WHY FIX IT if it is NOT broken.. This is absolutely <removed> an dI want my OLD email @ sky BACK. PLEASE AND THANK YOU...... 

Edit: Profanity removed

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Irene+Guild

Re: WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH THE NEW YAHOO SKY MAIL????

Just looked at all the comments about SKY YAHOO MAIL Are the fat cat bosses at sky even bothered to even listen.. do they care? 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Megan.B

Hi Irene+Guild,

Thank you for taking the time to post.

I am sorry to read that you aren't happy with the new mail layout, you can change this using the steps Here you can also look here http://help.sky.com/email for more information about the Sky Yahoo email. 

Regards,

Megan
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Regular Visitor
g,k,j.

I don't think they do !!!!!!!!! Yeh all the previous threads about the yahoo mail are still the same and sky will not be changing from Yahoo they have said so . We keep being told try this, try that ,try the other,YAHOO IS QUITE SIMPLY NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE !! and we are paying for a service we can not use. Surely we should just be able to log on and use our email service without all this frustration and if not ,why not and why are we paying for it ?

Community Coordinator
Peter-WH

Hi Guys, 

This link provided allows you to process through drop downs to find a resolve to your Yahoo Mail inquiry. However there is a suggestion of a process made by a super user caesaome through here to refer back to a more basic format. By selecting this link and then going to the bottom looking at the post and completing the actions needed. 

Cheers Pete 

Peter-WH
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
G+B+R+zed

Same old coporate mentality we have your money now shut up and stop complaining while we spend it on on the cheapest rubbish ( Yahoo)  and maintain our share holders NOT the service we provide to the public !

Utter rubbish  trading standards will be receiving a call from me on this not fit for purpose  service !  Time to vote with your feet if you are truely dissatisfied .

Regular Visitor
g,k,j.

Quite a few threads have been closed down because at the end of the day the support staff are unable to change email providers for us , the poor staff are backed in a corner over this issue of Yahoo mail and the statements from the "forum managers" are " Sky WILL NOT be changing the Yahoo mail provider , so it's like it or lump it ! or go find another provider. It's goodbye from me Yahoo mail and if anyone needs to gather complaints about this to Watch Dog or similar/trading standards you can add my name to it.

Regular Visitor
Goldie19

G+B+R+zed wrote:

Same old coporate mentality we have your money now shut up and stop complaining while we spend it on on the cheapest rubbish ( Yahoo)  and maintain our share holders NOT the service we provide to the public !

Utter rubbish  trading standards will be receiving a call from me on this not fit for purpose  service !  Time to vote with your feet if you are truely dissatisfied .

Agree with you.  Each time I log onto  my e.m. there appears to be a completely different problem!  Have had a thorough MOT done on my laptop which I thought would solve these problems.  HA!  I am voting with my feet and getting rid of SKY Yahoo. My blood pressure wont take it anymore.

Occasional Visitor
maxy2009

Likewise, since emails went ove to Yahoo I have to spend 10 tiems longer to do anything with emails as the system just plain doesn't work right.

I get tons more spam; cannot move mail to folders most of the time; folders don't appear when clicked; setting doesn't respond to check or alter the setting; adverts are in your face and slow everythign down; and now it isn't sending any emails aghhhh, yahoo is rubbish, get it sorted for goodness sake, how do you think we are coping out here?

Regular Visitor
Goldie19

maxy2009 wrote:

Likewise, since emails went ove to Yahoo I have to spend 10 tiems longer to do anything with emails as the system just plain doesn't work right.

I get tons more spam; cannot move mail to folders most of the time; folders don't appear when clicked; setting doesn't respond to check or alter the setting; adverts are in your face and slow everythign down; and now it isn't sending any emails aghhhh, yahoo is rubbish, get it sorted for goodness sake, how do you think we are coping out here?

Maxy - Apparentely Yahoo have well over 3M subscribers worldwide compared to Sky members.  Methinks this is the reason for these numerous problems.  I am under the impression though that they are sorting out these numerous problems area by area, as the numerous difficulties I was experiencing have disappeared?  Lets hope I am right in this belief, cos if my e.m reverts to what is has been for the past 10 days, then it will definitely be "goodbye sky".  Hope they get round to your area soon....if this should be the problem??

Msl
Msl

I completely concur with this posting having experienced FRUSTRATION to the extent of considering getting my hat, coat and walking boots and delivering my message by written message by hand as being quicker than using this new version of Sky Mail.
Mike47
Msl
Msl

Having already sent an e-mail to help desk asking for assisstance in sorting out my e-mail box,; with no response and your response to the topic What the Hec............... NOT impressed at all. Come on SKY you need to do better.
Mike47
Community Coordinator
amberw94

Hi Msl, 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your email. 

May I ask if you could make sure you are using the latest browser, if you are you could try a new browser. Clear the cache, history and cookies for the internet browser. 

Please also ensure you have the latest version of Javascript enabled with browser add-ons and plugins disabled. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Amber
Community Coordinator

Visitor
Spuddy7

I will not let me in AND I AM UP TO DATE WITH ALL DOWNLOADS, APPS, JAVA SCRIPT ETC ETC.....THIS ALSO HAPPENED ABOUT TWO OR THREE WEEKS AGO.    It is, as repeatably said on this forum countless times, Sky has our money and do not give a fiddlers if they have lumbered us with an inferior e.mail system.

Regular Visitor
Goldie19

For past 2 days was able to at last sign on to e.m. or any website without any delay. after one week of having to wait up to 20 mins. tonight problem has restarted - took me 20 mins to log onto my e.mails and can forget logging on to any sites. tomorrow I will be looking for best provider. Had enough of SKY. T