Help
Help

Sky Yahoo! Mail
Sky Yahoo! Mail allows you to stay connected with family and friends. Whether you are setting up Sky Yahoo! Mail for the first time or need advice on the features available.
Mwchyn
Accepted Solution

The RETR command did not succeed............................

Hello all,had this problem using Mozilla Thunderbird since yesterday.There are now 23 messages backed up that I can not recieve.

Any suggestions please ?

Thanks.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Manager
Sam-R

Re: The RETR command did not succeed............................

Hi Mwchyn,

I found this thread http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2665721 there are some possible solutions there?

It looks like there may be a message with a "corrupt header" holding up the queue and the thunderbird app handles the exception differently to Outlook.

Hope this helps.

Sam
Community Manager (Apps & Online)
Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Have you tried deleting the account in Thunderbird and setting it up again ?
__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Mwchyn

Thanks guys.

Mwchyn

Tried using Windows Live Mail and the same error appeared ,also deleted and re-installed my ThunderBird account. How do you set up a webmail browser (using FireFox) ?

Thanks,

Paul

Super User
caesarome

You don't have to actually set it up, you just login to this link with your Sky username (everything before the @sky.com part):

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Mwchyn

My sky username e-mail is different to my e-mail I normally use and have the problem with.

Thanks,

Paul

Super User
caesarome

Actually that was a mistake by me so use this link instead and enter the email address to the email account you want to access:

http://mail.yahoo.com

I do not work for Sky.
Mwchyn

Thanks mate,that worked an absolute treat !

Retired Staff Member
ola-a

Hi Mwchyn,

Glad to hear caesarome's suggested has helped solved this. If you need more help, the community is a good place to visit.

Cheers,

Ola
Community Coordinator
Visitor
Arquebus

Hello, I had this problem recently and have not found the forum replies effective. I had some incidental problems with the Firefox webpages reverting to a Yahoo help page without warning. I found that some extra downloads had been added attached to other programs. Look carefully on control panel and delete any Yahoo extras seen and possibly also use a different default search. Also in Thunderbird look at add-ons and remove any Spigot extras which have appeared attached to Vuze upgrade downloads. (Search-Me also should be deleted if found).

I cannot say which of these items was the root cause but removing these has cured the retr failed problem.

Retired Staff Member
shaun-k

Hey Arquebus,

It's great to see you posting your solution on the Sky Community Forum, this is great for customers that have similar problems to yourself and offers another avenue of support so I really appreciate you taking the time to post.

If you need anything at all just give us a shout.

Shaun-K
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.