Help
Help

Sky Yahoo Mail
Occasional Visitor
maccapete
Accepted Solution

Sky Email Set up on Outlook 2010

I am having difficulty setting up my Sky email on Outlook 2010, I have follwed the instructions on the Sky site with the port numbers etc... and am getting the following message on the test email. "Send test e-mail message: Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 554 Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to p"

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Sky Email Set up on Outlook 2010

When setting up your email in Outlook uncheck the "Test Account settings ..." box and then just click on next to continue the set up.

Login to your Sky Yahoo Email account online here:

http://mail.yahoo.com

In the Yahoo ID box input your full sky email address including the @sky.com part.

When you are logged in hover on your name at the top right and select account info from the drop down menu. You will then be asked for your password again so enter this and then select login which will take you to a personal info screen. Just close this and then try your email client again. Then wait 20 minutes or so and see if will then work.

If it does not work after doing this try deleting the sky account in your email client and then re-adding it again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
maccapete

All sorted now, thanks for your help.
Community Coordinator
amberw94

Hi maccapete, 

I'm glad to hear caesarome's assistance has helped you resolve your issues.

If you need any further help please don't hesitate to post again on the forum.

Thanks,  

Amber
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.