Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Sky Yahoo! Mail
Sky Yahoo! Mail allows you to stay connected with family and friends. Whether you are setting up Sky Yahoo! Mail for the first time or need advice on the features available.
Occasional Visitor
lyn33

Outlook not sending emails from sky account

Hi there,

I am trying to set up a new sky account in outlook for my grandmother -we are able to get a certain way through, but it says our outgoing server isn't woring - 'transaction failed: failed cannot send message due to 'p' -  I followed all the instructions on the sky website - we selcted SSL and made it 465 as suggested - but still not working - any thoughts?

She only received the new sky hub this morning - the wireless is up and running, and we can access her email account via mozilla thunderbird webmail - but we would really rahter have the outlook account set up please.

Thanks so much,

Lyn and Sammy

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Outlook not sending emails from sky account

When setting up your email in Outlook uncheck the "Test Account settings ..." box and then just click on next to continue the set up.

Then login to your Sky Yahoo Email account online here:

http://mail.yahoo.com

In the Yahoo ID box input your full sky email address including the @sky.com part.

When you are logged in hover on your name at the top right and select account info from the drop down menu. You will then be asked for your password again so enter this and then select login which will take you to a personal info screen. Just close this and then try your email client again. Then wait 20 minutes or so and see if will then work.

If it does not work after doing this try deleting the sky account in your email client and then re-adding it again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
peter+black

Same problem for me.......can't send email from my Sky account.

I'm using outlook 2007, all my other accounts are working fine, I've done all the suggested stuff, changed ports etc etc etc, signed in and out on the yahoo page.............. NIGHTMARE.

I've recntly moved to sky broadband and had problems since the first day......not a happy camper.

:smileymad:

Super User
caesarome

peter+black wrote:   signed in and out on the yahoo page.

Have you done what I posted above ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
peter+black

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried as you posted above a few times yesterday and twice just now since your post.

Same problem.....can't send emails from Sky.

Occasional Visitor
lyn33

Hi guys, thought we had succeeded, but its still not working - we have added the account to outlook but the emails i write sit in the outbox - we tried removing and readding account, and that didnt work.  Sky Yahoo account IS working online - but I would rather use outlook if possible - any more ideas???

Occasional Visitor
frustratedlots

i have been unsuccessfully trying to set up/delete follwed all instrustions but cannot send;now i find in sky mail all my incoming mail has gone to trash and no contacts are there. this problem began 11/12/13,please help!

Occasional Visitor
ray+heath

i had this problem also and i logged onto sky yahoo mail and try this .

open mail options( top right settings) then on general make sure you have "turn on ssl" ticked and i also went to advanced options/mail accounts and put in my sky email in the reply address (not sure if you need to do this)

and mine sends in outlook now so i hope this helps

ray

peter+black

Hi Ray,

Sorry for the late reply.

I've just been over to the yahoo page and done exactly as you say up to the point where you say to tick the SSL box.

For some reason that option doesn't appear anywhere in my email options.

Senior Member (Diamond)
Oliver341

peter+black wrote:

I've just been over to the yahoo page and done exactly as you say up to the point where you say to tick the SSL box.

For some reason that option doesn't appear anywhere in my email options.

The option to disable SSL webmail has been removed from Yahoo.

Oliver.
peter+black

[ Edited ]

Thanks Oliver,

So is there any way I can send an email with my sky account via outlook ?

This really is pathetic, SKY charging for a broadband service that falls at the first bloody hurdle. Yes folks, you pay us for your internet service but up yours if you want to send a bloody email.  Absolutely infuriating !

Senior Member (Diamond)
Oliver341

peter+black wrote:

Thanks Oliver,

So is there any way I can send an email with my sky account via outlook ?

Yes: http://help.sky.com/email/set-up-sky-yahoo-mail/get-emails-on-your-windows-desktop-client

Oliver.
peter+black

Sorry Oliver but the instructions on that link do not work. I've gone through it countless times, checked and rechecked and then checked again. Cannot send emails via Outlook 2007.

Super User
caesarome

What happens when you try to send an email via Outlook ?

I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
Lil48

Hi

I'm having exactly the same problems as Peter+Black.

I get an error message along the lines of :  service interupted error (0x800CCC0f)

Tried everything suggested, but still can't send using outlook 2007 (windows 7).  works fine from the website and my iphone.

please help - it's so frustrating!

Thanks

Lil