Help
Help

Sky Yahoo Mail
Visitor
DrZeus

Re: OUTGOING MAIL SERVER problems

This worked for me on my MacBook. Nice one!

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sally64

Thank you!!!!! Followed the instructions and can now send emails again.

Thanks again
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Peter-Ed

Hi Everyone,

I'm glad to see this has been resolved for some of you. Please post back any findings or other issues you may have so we can try and help you.

Thanks,

Pete
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Boney

Thanks for this, despite 465 being default it now works set as custom!
Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi Boney,

That's great news :-) Thanks for letting us know.

LauraMac
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
bikershrimp

Re: HELP is anyone out there supporting or helping with these questions!!

no it was 996? I have changed to 465 and will see what happens

Regular Visitor
bikershrimp

thanks for help here :smileyhappy:

however my iphone seems to work with the port 993?? anyway tried changing to 465 on my mac mail and still no joy - it still says sky is offline - despite this I can recieve emails (however on just looking they have disappeared again!)

going to try the other numbers for the ports first. Can you help where do I choose custom ports??

h x

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

Hi bikershrimp,

Are you having the same issues when you are logging directly into your Sky Yahoo! Mail account on a web page?

Deleting the email account and adding it back again helps seems to help a few so its worth a go and this link can help with getting your emails added to your device.

Please keep us posted as well as checking the FAQ's as this is updated constantly with new information.

Tricia07
Community Coordinator

Visitor
Caztan

Ok I can receive emails on all my email accounts but I can only send from my google and hotmail accounts, when I try and send an email from my two sky id email addresses they error and I get the following error messgae
The connection to the server has failed

error id is: 0x800CCC0E
and the socket error: 10060

I have checked the properties and the IMAP bits are set up as shown I am using port 465 and have said Y to ssl
I use windows live mail

I have also tried port no's 25 and 597

HELP !!
It was perfect till the switchover

Community Coordinator
lainys

hi Caztan, 

I was sorry to read you are still having issues when trying to send and email from your tow sky iD email addresses.

Please change your password by going to My Sky not through an email client.

Can you also change your settings by following the instructions on this link : You can find the answer to some of the most frequently asked questions

Kind Regards

Lainys
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
bikershrimp

I deleted accounts from mac mail and reinstated and hurrah I have email!!!

:smileyhappy:

Visitor
Caztan

Thanks for the advice - halfway there - I realised the outgoing email was not shown with smtp at the beginning so now have emails going in and out on that email address however I did not see that until after I reset my password on the other one and now can't receive or send on that email accout as keep getting the logon box for me to confirm username and password and you put them in ( even though they are already shown ) and it pops back up again, I contacted sky help via chat who suggested i redo password logout - login to email via sky website and then leave for 24 hours and try my emails again - STILL getting logon box - HELP   !!!!

Contributor
Sally64

I thought my emails were fixed but now can't send again. Get the message 

'the sender address sally.spike@tiscali.co.uk was rejected by the server smtp.tools.sky.com.

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.'

I use Tiscali to receive on my Mac which is working fine. I went onto the new sky yahoo site and activated account which allowed to me to then send emails, but this has now stopped in the last few days. I can send and receive fine from my phone, receiving from Tiscali and usin O2 as outgoing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sally

Frequent Visitor
quitecrossnow

Hi, have been going round in circles since the switch over.

Can receive e-mails on Imac and iPhone but cannot send via Apple mail on either device.

Am using port 993 have tried 465 but to no avail. Sky staff remain clueless and just read crib sheets. Was going to switch to BT infinity but they use the dredded Yahoo platform too.

Am V.v. cross all the Sky operaters can advise is to post the problem here in the hope that some-one can sort it.

Not a good service for £108 monthly that I pay to SKY11

Regular Visitor
fh78,-fr5hlxp

It's me yet again, your friendly solution provider!!!!

I have also had some repetition of the previously solved problem with outgoing email sent from my email client (Mail on an iMac).

In particular, I use Sky as my ISP and have several different email domains/addresses some of whose ingoing/outgoing mail servers I connect to directly via the Sky portal.  For these email accounts I have had failures trying to send out email via Sky's outgoing mail server.  What I have noticed is that somehow my setting for SSL has been switched.  So go to your mail client preferences and check that you have it set the correct way.

It has worked for me and may work for you.