Help
Help

Sky Yahoo! Mail
Sky Yahoo! Mail allows you to stay connected with family and friends. Whether you are setting up Sky Yahoo! Mail for the first time or need advice on the features available.
Frequent Visitor
Kenny825507
Accepted Solution

How to set up Outlook 2003 for TalkTalk emails having moved to sky

Hi my email was with talktalk and worked fine for two accounts

having changed to sky I have got sky email working in outlook 2003 now

but the talktalk emails get received but i am unable to reply

they just sit in outbox

I have changed the outgoing to smtp.tools.sky.com

and changed the outgoing server needs to login via user

myskyyemail@sky.com

myskypw

and set the port to 465 and ssl ticked just as the sky account

is  

but it still does not work

How can i achieve sending talktalk emails when on Sky?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
jayach

Re: How to set up Outlook 2003 for TalkTalk emails having moved to sky

You need to register and verify the talktalk address with the sky/yahoo smtp server.

http://help.sky.com/email/composing-emails/send-an-email-from-another-account

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Visitor
Kenny825507

Sky please add this to your help pages having edited it of course

How to set up Outlook for other isp pop emails having moved to sky email

set up your sky email in outlook first see

http://help.sky.com/email/set-up-sky-yahoo-mail/get-emails-on-your-windows-desktop-client

when you have it working log into sky email via webl

1. in your sky email Hover over the cog where it says Hi Username and select mail options
  2.  in the drop down box select mail accounts
  3.  You need to register and verify your isp email address with the sky/yahoo smtp server.
  4.  see

5.     Send the verification email to your other ISP.

6.     Connect to other Isp and click the veriification email

7.     in your outlook change the outgoing to smtp.tools.sky.com instead of your existing entry

8.     changed the outgoing server needs to login via user name myskyyemail@sky.com

9.      and change the password to myskypw

10.    Finnaly set the outgoing port to 465 and ssl ticked just as the sky account is.

This worked for me but it took 2 days and many searches of help files which are out of date on the internet.

in particulare do not use uppercase password for sky id login and email will not work with outlook unless you have a lower case one.

I found out after much head scratching

sky please update your help screens and I hope this helps someother people who are struggling

Occasional Visitor
abcplumb

Thanks Kenny that really really helped.

I cant believe no one has LIKED it yet.

SKY UPDATE!!!

SKY UNDATE!

STOP TURNING PEOPLE AWAY SAYING ITS NOT A SKY ISSUE WHEN IT IS.

I've had 3 sky representives telling me its not a SKY issue, contact Microsoft.

I knew its not a outlook issue as eveything was working fine before I moved to sky broadband.

Anyway

I hope this helps people.

Occasional Visitor
WoodsideOak

Thanks Kenny,

That is a really useful reply.  It worked for me using Outlook 2007.

My username is lower case but my password is mixture of upper, lower, numbers and characters and it was accepted.

The problem I had was using the 'Test Account Settings' button in Outlook, after making the changes.  IT DOES NOT WORK !!

I found that from this link.

Visitor
Cat566

Thanks Kenny, this is really helpful (unlike the Sky support team).
Unfortunately I still can't get my Virgin account to work in Outlook 2007. I have had a Virgin.net account for a long time and used it accross several broadand providers. I was switched from O2 to Sky in December and since then have not been able to send emails from my Virgin account using Outlook. By following your advice I have now managed to get my Sky account to work both via Sky webmail and Outlook, and have also managed to get my Virgin account to work using the Sky website (both sending and receiving), but can still only receive emails for this account in Outlook, not send any. I have followed all of you instructions re changing the outgoing server settings etc, but still can't send emails. Any suggestions?
Super User
caesarome

[ Edited ]

and have also managed to get my Virgin account to work using the Sky website (both sending and receiving), but can still only receive emails for this account in Outlook, not send any.

Have you verified your Virgin account with Sky as per this:

If you have done this are you trying to use the sky server (smtp.tools.sky.com) to send your Virgin emails and if what actually happens, do you get an error message and if so what does it say ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
Cat566

Hi,

Yes I've verified my Virgin account with sky, and got the simley face message saying it has been verified.

And yes I am trying to use smtp.tools.sky.com with my Sky user name and password to send the Virgin emails. Every time I try to send a Virgin email a box pops up saying "enter network password" with the Sky smtp server, my Sky user name and password already filled in. I've tried clicking, "ok", re-typing everything and clicking "ok", and clicking "cancel". No matter what I do it just keeps reappearing every few seconds until I delete the email from my outbox.

jayach

[ Edited ]

Are you using your full sky email address (including the @sky.com bit) as your username for the SMTP server?

Visitor
Cat566

Yes the full Sky email address including @sky.com and I've also tried it without.

Occasional Visitor
JezDaviesFron

Thank you very much Kenny825507. I have been struggling on Outlook 2003 with the same message send fail issue since I swapped from Orange to Sky Broadband before Christmas. Your solution has sorted the issue out so well played!!

Sky, you need to tell the world

Community Coordinator
Jason-H

Hi Guys.

Thanks for getting in touch regarding the issues you were all having with your emails on Sky Broadband.

It's great to see that Kenny825507 has been able to find and provide steps which resolve these issues and we thank you for that.

If you have any further issues or questions give me a shout.

Cheers,

Jason-H
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
BW57

Changing uppercase to lowercase in Internet e-mail settings did it for me.  Now my Outlook 2010 works. Not supprising this one had the experts beat, its quite a complicated fix!

Visitor
Cat566

My Virgin emails are now working from Outlook. No idea why as I haven't actually changed anything since I first posted here, but am just happy that they're now working. Thank you to all those who tried to help.

Visitor
David+Allan+Cooke

Re: How to set up Outlook 2003 for btclick emails having moved to sky

Kenny,

Thanks for saving me the 2 days. Followed through with your advice and used it to successfully to get my BTCLICK email accounts working. Tried Sky Support and got same fob off that it was a BT issue. I knew it wasn't because when I joined 02 they'd freely given me the correct outgoing smtp address to use. It was only the closing conversation from the Sky Support person on the phone to google which helped me to find your information. Definitely there should be Sky Help pages flagged to sort this out, even if to point to the Yahoo help pages. 

I was lucky to find your post first time then having closed down and trying to find the post a second time I struggled, other people may be struggling to find it first time so would be good to have the solution highlighed by Sky rather than adopt sloppy-shoulders on it.. 

Also found out that Sky has a technical problem with the Microsofft Outlook Test Account Service. So don't rely on that to test the account, always go back into Outlook and send an actual email.