Help
Help

Sky Yahoo Mail
Occasional Visitor
cazbe

Can't set up sky email account on android phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace)

I have followed your instructions and input incoming and outgoing server settings but when I click Next to check incoming servers message I receive is: Set Up could not finish - cannot safely connect to sever (java.security.cert. CertPathValidator.Exception: Trust anchor for certification path not found.)

I receive this message when I try and set it up automatically as well.

Any suggestions on how I clear this so I can set my email account up on my phone?

Thanks           

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Can't set up sky email account on android phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace)

Make sure you have selected SSL for both servers (pop and smtp).

Failing that you could install and use the Yahoo Email App to access your Sky emails.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Daulbs

It will work if you change the SSL setting to the other option SSL ( Accept all certificates ).

Worked for me I had the same problem.

Good luck

Staff
John-B

Hi cazbe, let's see if we can work out what is going on with your emails.

Firstly, can you confirm that you are still experiencing this issue?

I can see caesarome has suggested selecting SSL for both servers, have you tried this?

If you can let me know when you get a chance.

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
jimbraddy

I have exactly the same problem. Tried selecting SSL (accept all certificates) for both servers.
Staff (Retired)
Emma-O

Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome Jimbraddy,

I do apologise your also having issues setting up your emails. Are you able to access you emails via Sky Yahoo webmail? Is this the 1st time you’re setting up Sky emails on your android? Have you checked the Android mail settings?

Let me know we can look into this further.

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
taxation

Re: Can't set up sky email account on android phone (Huawei G300)

I have set up Sky mail on my Tablet (Android ) and Laptop but it will not work on my Phone.I get the message ,cannot connect to server.I have tried all combinations.! have also tried to access it  through Yahoo mail,still no luck.

Thanks

Vic

Super User
caesarome

On your Iphone what servers are you using for pop or imap and smtp ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
taxation

Thanks for replying,I have now managed to access  my mail through the Yahoo mail

Thanks 

Vic

Occasional Visitor
ticketyboo71

Re: Can't set up sky email account on android phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace 2)

I have been using sky email on my mobile for months with no problems, but, since sky merged with Yahoo, its never been the same since :smileysad:

I can now receive emails but cant send!  I have tried deleting and re- setting the account up again, but it only lets me complete the incoming server details ok, the outgoing  keeps displaying the error message "cannot connect to server".

I have set the security types to SSL (accept certificates) but still the outgoing doesnt work?

I just dont understand why its stopped working, when I had never even touched the settings!

Please can someone help???

Many Thanks

Super User
caesarome

Have a read of this and make sure you are using the correct outgoing setting, you will need the ANDRIOD section:

http://help.sky.com/email/sky-yahoo-mail-switchover/get-emails-on-your-mobile-or-tablet

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
alanwilliams

I have the same problem and have tried doing what the link tells me too and all I am getting is user name or password is incorrect even tho they are both right. any ideas?

Super User
caesarome

In the username section have you put in your full sky email address including the @sky.com part ?

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
cooki12

i am trying to set up an email account on my samsung galaxy ace but i cannot get past the word port what does it mean

Super User
caesarome

Have a read of this for a step by step guide:

http://help.sky.com/email/sky-yahoo-mail-switchover/get-emails-on-your-mobile-or-tablet

I do not work for Sky.