Help
Help

Sky Yahoo Mail
Frequent Contributor (Platinum)
Tim+Adams

Can't delete sky Yahoo! email account

[ Edited ]

Followed all the links to terminate my account but once you press confirm this error comes up,

We've run into an error trying to terminate your account.
Please contact Customer Care and we'll be happy to help you.

Any information on how to close the account?

Thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Contributor (Platinum)
Tim+Adams

Re: Can't delete sky Yahoo! email account

Any update on this?

Thanks
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Gold)
gymno

I'm trying to delete 3 yahoo accounts & keep getting the same error message.

The customer help pages offer no solution.

Ideally i'd like to get this done before 3/6/13 as that's when i'll lose access from home, thanks to yahoo closing down 'classic mail'.

Does anyone know how?

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

Hi Tim+Adams

I am so sorry it has taken this length of time to respond to your question.  For me to be able to help further I need to understand what Sky Yahoo! Mail account you mean?

Are you meaning your Sky email accounts that were will Google which was then migrated over to Sky Yahoo! Mail (@sky.com) or do you have a direct Yahoo! Mail account ending @yahoo.com?

Also is there a reason you are looking at cancelling your email account as if they are not used/accessed within 6 months they will cease automatically themselves?

I will try and get this sorted for you by the end of today if you can reply to this.

Thanks

Tricia07
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Senior Member (Gold)
gymno

Hi Tricia07.

My browser is only compatible with with the 'classic' version of yahoo mail.

As of tomorrow, yahoo are closing down this classic version so i've set-up new gmail accounts & have no need for these sky yahoo mail accounts anymore.

I understand that if i don't log in for 6 months they'll close down automatically, but i'd prefer not to have 3 mail accounts just sitting there dormant.

I'd also prefer any mail that gets sent to them to be bounced back to the sender with some kind of 'invalid address' type message.

I just want to close them down but when i go through the procedure to do so, i keep getting the error message quoted above.

Today is the last day i'll have acces to these accounts from home, so ideally i like for them to disappear asap.

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

[ Edited ]

Hi gymno,

I am afraid there is no easy fix to this problem and can understand your predicament especially with the time frame.

If you want to delete your other email accounts then you can log into your Primary Sky Yahoo! Mail account and remove the additional user accounts however, you need to wait the 6 months for the Primary account to cancel down itself and there is no way for us to have the emails bounced back to the sender with a message type.

Have you thought of keeping the Primary Sky Yahoo! Mail account but use a different browser? I know this is not what you are wanting but I am just trying to think of ways around this problem.

Thanks

Tricia07
Community Coordinator

Senior Member (Gold)
gymno

For anyone in the same predicament, it appears that not logging in for 6 months really is the only way to close a sky yahoo email account.

Unfortunately, removing additional users doesn't work because their sky id's are still active & so will continue to have access to their respective mail accounts.

Considering the unpopularity of yahoo mail, perhaps the ability to close an account is something sky could look into?

Thanks for trying to help Tricia07.

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

Hi gymno,   I really am sorry and wish I had an easier op...

Hi gymno,

I really am sorry and wish I had an easier option for you but it is not the case in this situation.

You have raised a good point and I am sure there are others that would share your option which I will gladly pass on however, I can’t promise that they will do anything about this.

I guess only time will tell and please don’t be a stranger.

Tricia07
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
ft-h

Re: Hi gymno, I really am sorry and wish I had an easier op...

I cannot believe this.

This is abysmal customer service.

Why can't I terminate my account as and when I choose?

I am really considering whether to continue my subscription with sky.

The latest Prism revelations have left me with a distinctly bitter taste in my mouth with regard to corporate attitudes towards their subjects/customers.

I would like to remove my account how can I even be sure that the account will delete from Yahoo's servers in 6 months?

Super User
caesarome

Re: Hi gymno, I really am sorry and wish I had an easier op...

What are you trying to do as you haven't said, are you trying to close your email account ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
MaJiKaNn1

I really have the same problem but ireeally need to delete my sky email account that is now sky yahoo cos an x partner is seriously evil and has took it upon himself to do unimaginable a and use my account for many accs in past like PayPal eBay FTC which are now ….; ??? This is after yrs of mental n physical a use I just don't want
Community Manager
Sam-R