VIP rewards

Runner
Post 1 of 8

VIP rewards

Is anyone else as frustrated with  VIP rewards as I am?  I had assumed the rewards would be meaningful, maybe a free movie a month, or the chance to watch a sport of your choice for free for a week. Something related to SKY and programmes. But no - we are just, often, given "the chance to win" tickets to events I have no interest in, or trips I can't/wouldn't want to take etc.  Endless emails full of disappointing "offers" or promotions.  Sue Rodwell

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 8

Re: VIP rewards

Hello @fringewatcher1

Plenty of people have made similar comments to you and if you take a look around this forum you will probably come across some of them. I do tend to agree with you but this is what we have at present.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 3 of 8

Let's hope Sky take notice of complaints. I've just had an email from Sky to tell me I've been awarded a First Topic Badge. I'd be thrilled about that if I was two years old. Smiley Indifferent

Oracle
Post 4 of 8

@fringewatcher1 wrote:

Let's hope Sky take notice of complaints. I've just had an email from Sky to tell me I've been awarded a First Topic Badge. I'd be thrilled about that if I was two years old. Smiley Indifferent

Hi @fringewatcher1 Personally I agree with you, the rewards are a bit naff however at the moment we are stuck with them. I don't even bother to check anymore as there is nothing there that ever appeals to me.

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Oracle
Post 5 of 8

I enter the competitions from the app.  I've no interest in the sporting events, and the only cinemas/theatres listed are always many hours away from here. If I ever want a Soundbox or a Home Move, I'd use the VIP offers.  Can't say I was expecting anything else, really....

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet) Multiscreen, Cinema, Sports, Box Sets, Yamaha RX-V375, BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), BT ADSL (17Mbs), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Camera Operator
Post 6 of 8

AEAED782-A004-4413-8C37-8176A7B513E1.pngThis is what my already yours sceen looks like since VIP was introduced.  Unless you live near a metropolitan area there is usually nothing of interest.  Oh I got a free Sky Store movie at the beginning.  Bizarrely,  I got another free movie from British Gas.  This is just like the old Sky Rewards scheme, I think i’s called pot luck marketing.

================================
Panasonic DX902 65”; Panasonic VT50 Plasma
Pioneer SC-LX901 11.2 Receiver, 7.2.4 setup
KEF 2xQ750, Q650C, 4xT101 surround, 4xCi160QR and Velodyne SPL1200 Ultra ; REL t7/i subwoofers
Apple TV 4K, Oppo 203 Ultra blu-ray player
Oracle
Post 7 of 8

I live in London and still there is nothing that interests me so location is not everything. My Already yours is the same as what you have

Annie Oracle since 2012 Customer since 1989 Beta Tester (Sky,Apple,Microsoft) I do not work for sky! FAQ for Sky+ Community Blog
New Viewer
Post 8 of 8

What on earth is the point of telling someone in Ireland that they can hop on a Sky Bus in London or Portsmouth to watch some movie offering? It would be the most expensive trip to a "movie" in the history of cinema.

The so-called VIP Rewards are 99% a waste of space.

Recommended Threads
3 weeks ago 06:15 PM
20-04-2018 09:18 PM
21-05-2018 03:30 PM
24-03-2018 11:32 AM
14-02-2018 03:56 PM