Sky VIP Diamond - Options to reduce bill

Runner
Post 1 of 9

Sky VIP Diamond - Options to reduce bill

Hello,

I am currently paying £32 a month for the sky variety package and would like to reduce my bill.

I only have one TV and have no need for a high package such as Boxsets or Sports.

The £20 a month sky entertainment deal online for new customers looks ideal, Free Sky Q box (our current box gets full and I like the idea I could record more programmes) and all the channels I normally watch.

I phoned up and have been informed that I cant have the box for free as I am not new customer, the box is £200.

I googled and found out about the Mysky app and Sky VIP so looked into it and I am actually a Sky Diamond VIP member as I've been with the company over 20 years. This means I CAN have the Sky  Q box for free.

WRONG, it is not free, I will have to pay £12 a month for sky multiroom.... when I only have 1 TV.

Is there no way to get sky entertainment for £20 with a new box for free? I am trying to reduce my bill, not pay for a service I can't use.

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 9

Re: Sky VIP Diamond - Options to reduce bill

NewUsername wrote:

Is there no way to get sky entertainment for £20 with a new box for free? I am trying to reduce my bill, not pay for a service I can't use.

The £12 multiscreen fee also allow you to watch your recordings from your Sky box on a mobile devioce like a phone or tablet so isn't just for mini box.

The free Sky Q offer via the VIP program is the best deal around at present for a free Sky Q box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Oracle
Post 3 of 9

@NewUsername

Unfortunately, Sky are unlikely to let you reduce your subscription AND have new hardware at no up-front cost: following that  path past a certain  point they don't actually make a profit out of providing you with their product, which is kind of the point of them being in business.  

I'd also caution against considering Entertainment without the £5 HD add-on, as otherwise only the free-to-air Channels are available in HD.

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet) Multiscreen, Cinema, Sports, Box Sets, Yamaha RX-V375, BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), BT ADSL (17Mbs), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Runner
Post 4 of 9

The point the OP is trying to make is the Sky offer of a FREE Sky Q box as a loyalty reward the OP is bogus.  They are quite right in what they say, its FREE as long as you either take the subscription to multiroom at £12.00 per month (plus a £20 installation charge), pay £199.99 instalation cost, or and this will be relevant to the original poster, if you call retentions they do have a deal to fit just the box with no contract to anything for a payment of £20.  Be careful though if you have any discounts, as they have to come off.  In my case I now only have the Variety and Childrens package costing £33.50 pm, but I get a 33% discount meaning a charge of £22.50 pm.  If I take the Q box for the £20 payment, I loose the 33% discount meaning my cost for the entertainment package (which is replacing the variety bundle) would be £20 pm plus £5 for the childrens package.  So I could get the box for £20 but my monthly subscription charge would still go up by £2.50 pm.

'Free loyalty bonus' my backside, its just a way to get even more cash out of you.

Sound Supervisor
Post 5 of 9

Bit of a late reply, but I rang them last week and asked to switch to the Entertainment pack.

"No problem", the guy said and I'm now paying £20 a month instead of £33.50 for Variety.

Also got the fibre broadband reduced from £20 to £10 a month, result ! 👍

You do have to re-contract but we don't have cable here so there's not much alternative anyway.

Camera Operator
Post 6 of 9

@Scobo wrote:

Bit of a late reply, but I rang them last week and asked to switch to the Entertainment pack.

"No problem", the guy said and I'm now paying £20 a month instead of £33.50 for Variety.

You do have to re-contract but we don't have cable here so there's not much alternative anyway.

Do you get HD channels included in your package?

Sound Supervisor
Post 7 of 9

@Quoman7 wrote:

@Scobo wrote:

Just the free ones, it's an extra £5 a month for the rest if the HD channels.

The only thing we lost switching to Entertainment was the kids channels which we don't watch anyway.

Camera Operator
Post 8 of 9

@Scobo wrote:

@Quoman7 wrote:

@Scobo wrote:

The only thing we lost switching to Entertainment was the kids channels which we don't watch anyway.

Yes I know, seems strange that you don't want to watch all the available sky programmes you have in better definition? and for the low cost of £5 pm

Sound Supervisor
Post 9 of 9

@Quoman7 wrote:

@Scobo wrote:

@Quoman7 wrote:

@Scobo wrote:

Yes I know, seems strange that you don't want to watch all the available sky programmes you have in better definition? and for the low cost of £5 pm

We mainly watch BBC 1&2, ITV, C4 and C5 which are all available in HD free so not fussed for the HD pack at the moment.

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
4 weeks ago 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
a month ago 08:32 PM