Reply

Cinema Tickets - overbooking

Sound Designer
Posts: 66
Post 1 of 6
340 Views

Cinema Tickets - overbooking

Hi,

 

I've been lucky enough to get 2 cinema tickets to see Show Dogs.

 

However, it does say in my booking that not having a ticket guarantees entry as they over issue the number of the tickets.

 

i was just wondering if anyone had suffered beceuse of this. i.e get to the cinema to find you can't get in.

 

if it's a very common thing to happen, i'm in 2 minds whether to go as i don't want to pay the travel and parking to find i can't get in and probably have to stump up a few more pounds to see something else to appease my daughter who's been looking forward to it from when i first booked it.

 

Thanks in advance

Clive

All Replies
Reply
Camera Operator
Posts: 501
Post 2 of 6
304 Views

Re: Cinema Tickets - overbooking


@Clive321 wrote:

Hi,

 

I've been lucky enough to get 2 cinema tickets to see Show Dogs.

 

However, it does say in my booking that not having a ticket guarantees entry as they over issue the number of the tickets.

 

i was just wondering if anyone had suffered beceuse of this. i.e get to the cinema to find you can't get in.

 

if it's a very common thing to happen, i'm in 2 minds whether to go as i don't want to pay the travel and parking to find i can't get in and probably have to stump up a few more pounds to see something else to appease my daughter who's been looking forward to it from when i first booked it.

 

Thanks in advance

Clive


Hi I have not heard of anyone not being able to see a film with the free Cinama tickets being over booked, I wouldnt worry go and enjoy the film! Smiley Happy

Oracle
Posts: 66,549
Post 3 of 6
288 Views

Re: Cinema Tickets - overbooking

I can't say I have ever seen any posts on here regarding this and usually if things go wrong this forum is the first port of call so I don't think you have anything to worry about. I guess it is printed on the tickets just so they are covered should anything go wrong with the booking.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Boom Operator
Posts: 51
Post 4 of 6
178 Views

Re: Cinema Tickets - overbooking


@caesarome wrote:

I can't say I have ever seen any posts on here regarding this and usually if things go wrong this forum is the first port of call so I don't think you have anything to worry about. I guess it is printed on the tickets just so they are covered should anything go wrong with the booking.


The only time I seen a complaint was against The Kingsman Golden Circle and that got over booked. It was also in very few cinemas. Most of it was they turned up on time and found they could not get in and all over allocated turned up as well. 

 

 

Personally I never had an issue getting in and on occasions seen an empty seat. Getting the seat you want well that can be more difficult but not impossible. I think it will depend on the cinema and the of the film as to how many would show up for the film and assuming other companies not done the previews as well.

 

An Example Ready Player One which sky done as a preview the partner to which sky get these tickets also did a preview on the saturday before and Cineworld had done an unlimited preview the same night so it could lead to some free seats on the night for films in the future.

Sound Designer
Posts: 66
Post 5 of 6
154 Views

Re: Cinema Tickets - overbooking

Well, i'm pleased to report, that my daughter & I, both got a see the film.

 

However, i do think this is something Sky should look into. the cinema was about 75% full. If Sky gave out more tickets than seats, then i think they need to look into this type of thing.

 

if you book a ticket and don't go, i think you should have your VIP ststus suspended for a set amount of time as i am sure there were some people that would like to have booked a ticket, but couldn't as they were too late.

Editor
Posts: 516
Post 6 of 6
126 Views

Re: Cinema Tickets - overbooking


@Clive321 wrote:

Well, i'm pleased to report, that my daughter & I, both got a see the film.

 

However, i do think this is something Sky should look into. the cinema was about 75% full. If Sky gave out more tickets than seats, then i think they need to look into this type of thing.

 

if you book a ticket and don't go, i think you should have your VIP ststus suspended for a set amount of time as i am sure there were some people that would like to have booked a ticket, but couldn't as they were too late.


My daughter and I also had no problems watching a film in April. The screen was nearly empty which makes me wonder if many people with free tickets don’t attend

 

I don’t know if the technology is fully in place to identify who has turned up and who hasn’t.  I don’t recall anyone scanning our tickets - so banning VIP members could be tricky 

 

Reply
Recommended Threads
2 weeks ago 01:37 PM
2 weeks ago 11:07 AM
Bluie82 26-03-2018 07:03 PM
30-11-2017 08:41 PM
Nigeldw 05-01-2018 11:10 PM